How Do You Make Potato Soup?
Potato soup is one of the most warm and comforting foods that you can create. It is an easy soup to make and in reality, it is nearly impossible to make a bad pot of potato soup if you follow a few simple rules.
How do you make potato soup? Of course you start with potatoes. Typically you will get different flavors from different types of potato. You can begin with a more yellow potato such as Yukon gold potatoes which will give a more rich flavor. They are a more buttery flavor.
Whiter potatoes or red potatoes will make a flavor that is less buttery but more full and rich. Once you have selected the variety of potato that you would like to have, adding the remaining ingredients is more a matter of taste than of any right or wrong methodology.
Your additional ingredients can be ham or smoked bacon, depending on your taste. In fact come people add roast beef or pork roasted, while others even add chicken to their potato soup rather than a smoked flavored meat.
Traditionally potato soup was made when a family was not doing well financially, as it was a good way to get a warm feeling and a full stomach, but that is no longer true. Potato soup is comfort food that can be very rich and very filling and may use some high quality and very costly ingredients, or may also be made to stretch the family budget a little bit further. It is also, aside from being comforting and filling, remarkably delicious.
How Do You Make Leek and Potato Soup
Leek and potato soup is a classic dish and there are different ways to make it. Some people like the potatoes to be the star of the dish, adding plenty of those and just a hint of leek and cream to complement the flavor. Others prefer to use plenty of leeks so the leek taste is just as apparent as the taste of the potatoes. You can also add other complementary ingredients such as yellow, white, or green onions, garlic, or shallots.
Leek and potato soup has a unique flavor all of its own and there are different recipes to choose from if you want to try making this traditional winter warmer of a soup. Leek and potatoes are both budget items and this soup is delicious whether or not you are trying to economize. You can make a leek and potato soup for lunch or dinner, or even as an appetizer. Since most leek and potato soup recipes are creamy, they tend to be satisfying and filling.
Spicy Potato Soup
Potato soup is often mild and creamy but since potatoes offer a lot of versatility, you might choose to make a spicy soup instead of a mild, creamy one. Potatoes feature in many spicy cuisines, whether you are enjoying an Indian potato curry or a chili-rich Mexican dish with potatoes, and there are various ways to achieve that spicy finish.
You might like to add a few drops of hot sauce or a pinch of chili powder to your potato soup, or you could prepare and add some fresh chilies. You could even add a dried chili and remove it once the soup is finished. Spicy potato soup is great during the cooler months if you fancy something other than creamy potato soup recipes, and you can make such a soup as spicy as you want it to be.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Simple Chicken Stew Recipe in a Crock Pot
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- The Best French Onion Soup Tuscan Style
- Cream of Pumpkin Soup Recipe with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Easy 5 Ingredient Cream of Asparagus Soup
- An Old Fashioned Oxtail Stew Recipe
- Mixed Seafood Chowder with Crumbled Bacon
- Easy Recipe for How to Make Rabbit Stew
- Czech Potato Soup with Mushrooms
- Chicken Soup with Homemade Egg Noodles
- Insider Secrets to Storing Onions
- What to Do With Stew Meat Besides Stew
- How to Thicken Potato Soup
- How to Caramelize Onions Like a Pro
- The Best French Onion Soup Cheese
- Five Common French Onion Soup Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- How to Brown Stew Meat
- How Long is Potato Soup Good?
- The History of Onion Soup - The History of French Onion Soup
- How to Choose the Best Stock Pots
- What Makes Clam Chowder Recipes So Wonderfully Unique November 21, 2013
- Chicken and Noodles Recipe November 20, 2013
- Simple Chicken Soup Recipe November 18, 2013
- Clam Chowder Wars November 16, 2013
- How to Make Dumplings November 15, 2013
- Budget Crockpot Recipes November 12, 2013
- Fish Soup Recipe November 8, 2013
- Alphabet Soup Recipe November 7, 2013
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe November 7, 2013
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (72014 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (39108 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (29571 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (24838 Views)
- Home (22718 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (17118 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (16870 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (15903 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (9826 Views)
- Vibrant Orange and Carrot Soup (8863 Views)