How to Thicken Potato Soup
Potato soup is thick naturally but if you would like a more creamy texture to your soup, you may want to add a few different things that will help it to become more creamy and thick than it was. First of all, cook your potatoes in smaller pieces so that you can create a thickening effect naturally as the potatoes begin to come apart and the starch starts to thicken them.
If you want your soup more creamy, use a blender or food processor in order to cream up the remaining potato pieces in the soup so that it is a great deal thicker than it was. You might also try some additional add in methods and materials that will help to make your potato soup thicker than it is to begin with.
One such add in is cheese. As the cheese begins to melt it will thicken the soup naturally as well as give it a delightful taste that you simply cannot help love. In addition to cheese to thicken your soup, you might want to try a small amount of corn starch mixed with water, much as you would thicken gravy or other sauce. Once you have gotten the thickness and texture done, as you want it accomplished you will then test it and adjust to your own particular tastes. You might also use flour and water, which tends to give a more thick texture but does not offer the same creamy kind that corn starch, will offer you.
Adding an Aromatic Touch to Potato Soup Recipes
Potatoes are versatile and that means you can make all kinds of potato soup recipes, ranging from mild, delicate ones right up to bold, spicy ones. If you want to make something aromatic and elegant, perhaps for a dinner party or similar gathering, this is very simple. You might like to make a simple soup with an elaborate garnish, a complex soup with a simple garnish or come up with your own creation.
Using fresh herbs is always a great way to add aromatic flavors to homemade potato soup recipes, and you can choose from thyme, rosemary, basil, parsley, cilantro and others. Sometimes just using one variety works well and other times you might like to use a blend of fresh herbs. Use special herb-scissors for the best results. These are more gentle than kitchen shears.
Using Spices in Potato Soup
Not only is potato soup delicious with fresh herbs but it is wonderful with spices too. This does not mean you have to make it really spicy, but you can add flavor by adding a pinch of ground spice. If you are making sweet potato soup, you can add cinnamon and nutmeg as well as the cream or sugar. If you are making a mixed vegetable soup then you have plenty of scope and can choose from paprika, chili powder, mace, cayenne pepper and more.
Many soup recipes feature salt and black pepper already but adding a pinch of your favorite spice can add even more flavor. You can grind your own spices or use ready-ground ones. Some spices are in the form of seeds and others are in the form of powders. Different herbs and spices go with different types of potato soup. If you are making a fish and potato soup, you might like to use parsley and dill for example.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Simple Chicken Stew Recipe in a Crock Pot
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- The Best French Onion Soup Tuscan Style
- Cream of Pumpkin Soup Recipe with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Easy 5 Ingredient Cream of Asparagus Soup
- An Old Fashioned Oxtail Stew Recipe
- Mixed Seafood Chowder with Crumbled Bacon
- Easy Recipe for How to Make Rabbit Stew
- Czech Potato Soup with Mushrooms
- Chicken Soup with Homemade Egg Noodles
- Insider Secrets to Storing Onions
- What to Serve with Beef Stew
- What to Do With Stew Meat Besides Stew
- How to Thicken Potato Soup
- How to Caramelize Onions Like a Pro
- Can I Use New York Strip Steak for Stew?
- Five Common French Onion Soup Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- How to Brown Stew Meat
- How Long is Potato Soup Good?
- The History of Onion Soup - The History of French Onion Soup
- What Makes Clam Chowder Recipes So Wonderfully Unique November 21, 2013
- Chicken and Noodles Recipe November 20, 2013
- Simple Chicken Soup Recipe November 18, 2013
- Clam Chowder Wars November 16, 2013
- How to Make Dumplings November 15, 2013
- Budget Crockpot Recipes November 12, 2013
- Fish Soup Recipe November 8, 2013
- Alphabet Soup Recipe November 7, 2013
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe November 7, 2013
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (77411 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (44103 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (37726 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (26902 Views)
- Home (24986 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (17947 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (17500 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (17015 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (11143 Views)
- Vibrant Orange and Carrot Soup (9259 Views)