Creamy Chicken and Corn Soup with Macaroni
This is comfort food at its finest, and the wonderful flavors pair with the rich, luxurious consistency, to offer a satisfying lunch. We are starting off with a cooked chicken breast, but if you have a raw one simply poach it in the macaroni-cooking water before you cook the macaroni, then let it cool until you can handle it, then you can shred it, and continue with the recipe.
After cooking the pasta, we are adding some diced vegetables to the mixture, then cooking the chicken, onion and garlic in butter until golden brown, to add extra flavor. Next everything goes into the pot to make the soup, and that includes a chicken bouillon cube, some corn kernels and evaporated milk. Taste the soup when it is almost done because you will need to adjust the seasonings. Some people like to add a pinch of chili powder for spice at this point, or even a splash of hot sauce. ¼ cup of white wine is another option here.
This hearty soup is full of nutrients and one bowl of this is sure you leave you feeling full and satisfied. Pasta is always great, as is soup, so blending them together to make a pasta soup is a great idea, especially when you are adding chicken, vegetables and evaporated milk to make the soup really good. Some people might want to add extra ingredients into this, such as chopped hot dogs, bell pepper, kale, or anything else you want to put in there. You can also tinker with the quantities, perhaps doubling up on the garlic if you like it or swapping the carrot for another vegetable if you prefer. This does not need to be served with bread since it has macaroni in, but go ahead and have some bread too if you want.
- 6 cups water
- ¾ cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 chopped carrot
- 2 celery stalks, in ½-inch pieces
- 1 cooked chicken breast
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ chopped yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 7 oz can corn kernels, drained
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Fresh dill weed sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- Bring the 6 cups of water to a boil and add the macaroni.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until cooked, adding the carrots and celery in the final 5 minutes.
- While they cook, you can shred the chicken using a couple of forks.
- Sauté the garlic, onion and chicken for a few minutes in the butter in a skillet until golden brown.
- Add the chicken mixture to the macaroni mixture.
- Add in the corn and evaporated milk.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and stir in the chicken bouillon cube until dissolved.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh dill weed if liked.
This thick and creamy soup is sure to be a hit any time of the year, especially during fall or winter when our bodies are crying out for sustenance in the form of rich, delicious, homemade soups. This creamy soup boasts macaroni, chicken, vegetables and garlic, along with a chicken bouillon and evaporated milk base. Every spoonful is hearty and filling, and you will appreciate the fresh flavors in here. Swap the macaroni for penne or another kind of pasta if you want, or change up the veggies you are using, to personalize the soup to suit your palate to perfection.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (358560 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90948 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52606 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41065 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26481 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23574 Views)