Creamy Grilled Corn Cob Soup Recipe
This recipe for corn soup combines the wonderful flavor of grilled corn with carrots, celery, onion, garlic and more to make a rich, warming, and flavorful corn soup, which is great as an appetizer or as a hearty meal in itself. The yellow bell pepper and Thai seasoning add a gentle Eastern flavor without making this into an Asian or curried dish. You can make this corn soup recipe up to three days ahead and store it covered in the refrigerator. The flavors will intensify and the corn soup will be just as nice.
You can blend the whole lot if you like for a liquid corn soup recipe, but the corn kernels look nice in the finished soup so it might be best to just blend some of it. Also, they give the soup a pleasing consistency. The easiest way to remove the corn kernels from the corn is to use a sharp knife and slice downwards. Unless you want them flying over the kitchen, stick the corn cob into the hole in a Bundt tin before you begin.
All creamy soup recipes are comforting, especially chicken soup, but creamy corn soup can also be termed a comfort food because it is sweet, thick and tastes so good. There is no cream in this soup but blending some of it gives it a creamy consistency. This is a healthy soup because of all the vegetables it contains, as well as a highly flavored one. The Thai seasoning works really well with the vegetables and overall this is a brilliant way to use corn.
- 12 ears corn, husks removed
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup minced yellow bell pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Thai seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat the grill to medium hot and grill the corn, turning the ears often until the kernels are golden brown.
- This takes 8 to 10 minutes. Let the corn cool then cut the kernels off the cobs, discarding the cobs.
- Heat the oil in a big pan.
- Add the carrots, minced bell pepper, celery, onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover and gently cook for 15 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Mix in the Thai seasoning and cook for a couple more minutes. Add the corn, water, and bouillon and bring the soup to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium, cover and let the soup simmer for 45 minutes.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes. Puree ⅓ of it in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Repeat with another ⅓ and return it to the pan.
- Leave the rest of the soup unblended.
- Warm the soup back up and check the seasonings. Garnish with a sprig of fresh parsley.
Perhaps you are on the lookout for new easy grilled vegetable recipes, in which case you will love this delicious corn soup recipe. The combination of various vegetables and seasonings results in a mouthwatering, yellow-colored soup and you can see from the picture how appetizing it looks. Serve this soup with crusty bread for a satisfying lunch or as an appetizer before any kind of entree. Corn soup can be oriental in flavor and the Thai seasoning gives this corn soup recipe a gentle flavor of the orient without overpowering the grilled corn taste.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357614 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)