Crockpot Corn Chowder
Corn chowder is a great soup to make in the crockpot and crockpot soups save a lot of time in the kitchen because you can just add all the ingredients and leave the soup to cook itself, the flavors becoming more intense and better blended as the cooking time goes on. You will love this crockpot corn chowder recipe if you like easy crockpot recipes because it is so simple to make.
The corn, potatoes, and onion are combined with creamy ingredients, salt and pepper, giving you the perfect crockpot recipe for a cool fall or winter evening. It is delicious served with crusty granary bread and butter or your favorite type of bread or buns. This corn chowder can be served as an appetizer or as an entree, depending on the portion sizes. It will serve six as an entree and maybe ten as an appetizer. Corn chowder is one of the most popular chowder recipes and a chowder is like a thick, chunky soup, which often contains seafood. They are popular all over the world but are especially good when it is cold and you want something to warm your bones and soothe your soul.
This recipe contains potatoes, corn, onion, butter, milk, and seasonings, to result in a thick, creamy, off-white colored chowder, which should appeal to everyone in the family. This corn chowder recipe is both nutritious and delicious. It is hearty enough to be very satisfying and you will love how simple it is to make.
- 16 oz canned whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Combine the potatoes, onion, salt, pepper, chicken broth, and all except a tablespoon of the corn in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, then puree in a blender or food processor and return to the crockpot.
- Stir in the reserved corn, as well as the milk and butter.
- Cover and cook on high for about 45 minutes and serve garnished with the parsley.
This photo shows you that crockpot soup recipes are well worth making, especially this wonderful slow cooker recipe for corn chowder. You can see how the corn kernels and fresh parsley on top really bring it to life and make it look delicious without being too fussy. Simple recipes like corn chowder are always appreciated and this recipe really is easy to make because the whole thing is done in the slow cooker and you just need to puree the soup at the end. This is so easy and it makes a great appetizer, lunch or dinner entree, served alone or with crusty bread.
2 Responses to Crockpot Corn Chowder
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357353 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90938 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)