Crockpot Corn Soup with Potatoes
This delicious corn soup recipe is incredibly easy to make, and it combines corn kernels and creamed corn with potatoes, onion, and chicken broth. Add Half & Half as well as some butter, and you will have a lovely, creamy corn soup, boasting perfectly balanced sweet and savory flavors, and if you add some ham to the soup you will have another element in there too. This soup is made in the crockpot.
You can either use fresh or canned corn kernels in this recipe, or even thawed corn kernels if you have those. As for the creamed corn, that is easy enough to find canned. Cut the potatoes into small pieces to keep the cooking time 7 hours, or maybe even 6 hours. The cream and butter need to be added to the crockpot half an hour before the end, since they just need to heat through. We recommend you garnish this soup with parsley, to add a splash of color.
Serve this with crusty bread and it makes a wonderful lunch or evening meal. The kids will love it because of the sweet flavor of the corn, and so will everybody else. You can use an immersion blender to puree the soup if you like, either getting it less chunky or getting rid of the chunks altogether, although the consistency is better when it is slightly chunky with visible corn kernels, so consider pureeing it just a little bit or else omitting this step altogether. This recipe is perfect for slow cooking because all the flavors are locked into the crockpot and you can pretty much just leave the soup to cook itself. You do not need to stir the soup during cooking or even lift the crockpot lid at all.
- 6 peeled, diced medium potatoes
- 14 oz corn kernels (fresh or canned)
- 14 oz can cream corn
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz diced ham (optional)
- 1 cup Half & Half
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 fresh parsley sprigs, for garnish
- Put the potatoes in the crockpot with both types of corn, broth, onion, and ham if using.
- Cook for 7 hours on low.
- Use an immersion to puree the soup to your preferred consistency, or just leave it chunky.
- Stir in the Half & Half, and the butter.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
This delicious soup is sweet and rich-tasting. The corn and potatoes provide a chunky texture, along with pieces of ham if you want to add a meaty touch, while the cream and butter give it a luxurious texture. This crockpot corn soup is nutritious and flavorful and every member of the family will love it from the youngest to the most senior. The bright yellow color makes it instantly appealing and the parsley adds a splash of green which makes it even more appetizing. Serve this in small bowls as an appetizer, or larger ones for lunch or dinner.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (359006 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195563 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90955 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54669 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52608 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41074 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29451 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26486 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23577 Views)