Simple Seafood Chowder Recipe with Corn
This flavorful chowder recipe combines crab, clams, calamari, scallops, and shrimp with mushrooms soup, milk, cream cheese, and vegetables for a rich and hearty flavor. Parsley, garlic and cayenne pepper are used to add even more taste, and this wonderful chowder is easy to make and enjoyable to eat. You can use low fat cream cheese, milk and soup if you are watching your waistline, or just use regular ones if not.
If you prefer a stronger fishy flavor, use clam juice instead of the liquid from the corn kernels can. Also, you can use different seafood if you like. Some people like to use only thawed shrimp in this recipe instead of the other kinds of seafood, but you could also use chopped fish filets such as cod, tilapia, basa, or haddock. Use your imagination and see what kinds of mouthwatering results you get.
There are different recipes for chowder but seafood and corn chowder is a very popular variety and this thick, warming treat is sure to thrill your family. Homemade chowder is something special and the following recipe is simple enough for beginners in the kitchen but impressive enough to serve to dinner guests.
- 26 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 ½ cups chopped potatoes
- 15 ¼ oz can corn kernels, not drained
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 6 ½ oz can chopped clams
- ½ lb crabmeat
- ½ lb calamari tubes
- ½ lb shrimp
- ½ lb bay scallops
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
- Add the cream cheese, garlic and ½ cup of the milk to a big pot.
- Warm this mixture up over a low heat, stirring often.
- Add the green onions, potatoes, soup, carrots, parsley, the rest of the milk, and the can of corn with the liquid.
- Season with cayenne pepper and black pepper and simmer gently for 25 minutes without boiling.
- Stir in the seafood and cook for 10 minutes or until the seafood is cooked.
- Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs.
This wonderful creamy concoction combines all your favorite seafood with a rich, decadent and totally luxurious creamy sauce. You can see from the photo how delicious this seafood chowder recipe looks and you would not be wrong because the flavor is amazing. Whether you switch some of the seafood in the recipe for your own favorites, or stick with our suggestions, this dish is sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face. Do not be surprised if your friends beg you for the recipe for this amazing seafood chowder because it really is something special.
One Response to Simple Seafood Chowder Recipe with Corn
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357622 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)