Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe
This delicious creamy seafood chowder recipe will have you feeling like you are eating right on the coast. With tasty ingredients like scallops, shrimp, crab and calamari, this chowder really delivers on the seafood flavor. Of course, you can substitute whatever you have on hand; a flaky whitefish like haddock would work well, as would octopus, lobster, and mussels. This chowder is adaptable.
This is a wonderful winter soup. It is hearty and thick, with lots of solid ingredients that you can enjoy. While some home cooks may be intimidated by a seafood chowder, this recipe is very simple and delicious. Before you know it, you can serve your family restaurant quality chowder. Serve it up with some thick slices of crusty bread or you can even serve it in a bread bowl. If you want to lighten it up, have a small side salad to help cut the richness.
Leftovers are great the next day. The flavors get more time to blend together, giving the soup a wonderful taste of the sea. By all means, go with your favorite seafood varieties or go with what is on sale. This chowder is just as good with only shrimp as it is with the selection posted in the recipe. Do not miss out on this delicious recipe just because of your budget. Serve this seafood chowder during the holidays, for an everyday dinner, or when you have guests. It is so good you will want to make it a permanent part of your menu.
- 1-½ cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) container cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (26-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1-½ cups potatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ pound shrimp
- ½ pound bay scallops
- ½ pound crabmeat
- ½ pound calamari tubes
- ½ pound clams, chopped
- Heat ½ cup milk, cream cheese, and garlic in a large kettle over low heat. Stir and cook until blended well.
- Add the soup, green onions, corn with liquid, parsley, potatoes, and remaining milk. Stir to mix well. Season with black and cayenne pepper. Let simmer for 25 minutes; do not allow it to boil.
- Add the shrimp, crab, scallops, calamari, and clams and let the chowder continue to cook about 10 more minutes, or until the seafood is opaque.
- Serve immediately.
Wouldn’t this taste good with a loaf of crusty bread? Look at that creamy chowder, piled high with shrimp, calamari rings, scallops, and other seafood. Yum! Enjoy this tasty seafood chowder on a cold, blustery day. It will warm you to the core. This thick soup is easily a meal in its own right, but you could also serve it with bread or a green salad. This is a very rich soup. You can use low fat options for many of the ingredients to take the caloric level down. Enjoy this chowder on your own, with someone special, or serve it at a family gathering.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357336 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195559 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90935 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54667 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52602 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41060 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40863 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26477 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23566 Views)