A Great Recipe for Chicken Casserole Soup
This is a simple yet satisfying recipe for chicken casserole soup. A lot of chicken casserole recipes designed for the crockpot are simple to make and offer simple but flavorful results and this recipe is a combination of three soups, chicken, cream, and seasonings to give a mouthwatering result. If you like the results you get from Mexican chicken casserole recipes but you would prefer a more liquid consistency, this chicken casserole soup is ideal because it is runny enough to serve in bowls with spoons, but the potatoes and chicken add texture and make it satisfying enough to serve as a complete lunch or dinner entree.
The seven hour cooking time makes this chicken casserole soup ideal for leaving all day to cook while you are busy doing other things or out working. You can serve it over rice or egg noodles or even with tortilla chips for dipping in the creamy liquid. Leave the chicken whole, chop it, or shred it; it is up to you and you might feel that serving a piece of chicken in each bowl rather than shredding the chicken makes this recipe more satisfying and interesting.
A green salad makes a nice colorful accompaniment to many creamy, soup-based chicken casserole recipes like this one and you might also want to serve some warm bread with it, for mopping up all the delicious juices. This is such an easy recipe and if you enjoy typical south of the border flavors you will very much like this Mexican chicken casserole soup recipe.
- 4 chicken breasts, no bones, or skin
- 8 oz sour cream
- 11 oz can cream of Cheddar cheese soup
- 11 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 11 oz can golden mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 peeled, chopped potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with the garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the seasoned chicken in the slow cooker with the potatoes.
- Combine the soups well and pour them over the chicken.
- Cover and cook for 7 hours on low.
- Stir in the sour cream and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Shred or chop the cooked chicken if you like, or cut each breast in half.
- Divide the casserole soup between 8 serving bowls and serve it with the parsley sprinkled over the top.
This unusual crockpot recipe combines chicken with potatoes, sour cream and various soups, resulting in a tasty combination of flavors, which everybody will love. The concept of a casserole soup might be unusual to you if you tend to eat more chunky casseroles with a lot less liquid. But serving this in bowls and eating it with a spoon adds to the comfort food factor and makes it soothing and satisfying. This is quite a simple recipe to make because you just have to cook everything in the crockpot for seven hours and then add the sour cream. Making this recipe for chicken casserole soup could not be simpler!
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357959 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23570 Views)