Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes
This is a very easy chicken soup recipe to prepare because you simply place the ingredients in a slow cooker and leave it for several hours to cook. This chicken noodle soup recipe is rich in vegetables, featuring the great flavors of onion, carrot, mushrooms, peas, and celery.
You can use any kind of noodles you like but medium or thick egg noodles are especially nice. Soup is wonderful when make in a crockpot because the flavors have time to combine well and every ingredient comes out soft, tender, and perfectly cooked. Many wonderful meals can be made in crockpots and soup is definitely great made in this way. Use either the low or high crockpot setting, depending on what time you want to eat and what time you expect to get home.
Crockpot cooking is wonderful when you are in a rush because you can put everything in the crockpot in the morning and get home to a meal, which is all ready. You have to add the noodles when you get home and let them cook. If you are really hungry, just boil the noodles in a pot on the stove until they are soft, then stir them into the soup.
How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup in a Crockpot
Summary: Use the slow cooker to prepare this wonderful chicken soup. Boasting colorful veggies, thyme, juicy chicken and more, this is a hearty and robust soup which will fill your belly.
- 3 chicken breasts, in 1 inch cubes
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz frozen peas
- 3 cups egg noodles
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Put everything in the crockpot except the egg noodles.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on how.
- Add the egg noodles, then cook on high for 45 minutes, or until the noodles are tender.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 hour(s) 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
The best chicken soup needs to cook for a long period of time. Why not use the crockpot to accomplish this while you are off doing something else? As you can see in the photo, our chicken noodle soup looks delicious. Do not add your noodles until a little while before you are ready to eat so they do not get overcooked. Just fill your crockpot in the morning with all the ingredients and let it do its thing while you work or play. Imagine how nice it will be to come home to a house smelling of homemade chicken soup!
Leave a Reply
- What Makes Clam Chowder Recipes So Wonderfully Unique November 21, 2013
- Chicken and Noodles Recipe November 20, 2013
- Simple Chicken Soup Recipe November 18, 2013
- Clam Chowder Wars November 16, 2013
- How to Make Dumplings November 15, 2013
- Budget Crockpot Recipes November 12, 2013
- Fish Soup Recipe November 8, 2013
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (81758 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (53392 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (47417 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (30602 Views)
- Home (30321 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (19936 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (18898 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (18496 Views)
- Stew Articles (13719 Views)
- Different Types of Onions – A Complete Glossary (12483 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (12005 Views)
- Vibrant Orange and Carrot Soup (10086 Views)