Crockpot Clam Chowder Soup Recipes
Clam chowder is usually made in a pot rather than in a slow cooker, but if you want to cook something tasty because you are planning to be out all day and back late, this recipe is a real winner. You will need a can each of celery soup, potato soup, New England style clam chowder, and some Half & Half and whipping cream. Parsley adds an herbal flavor and you can also add a couple of chopped potatoes if you want more texture.
This is not a low-fat recipe but it is a rich, creamy dish which must be savored. You can serve it just as it is or you can steam a few fresh clams and add those at the end. Serve this with crackers or bread for soaking up the lovely juices. This is a winter warmer of a dish but too good to save only for the winter. Why not enjoy this on a warm summer evening too? Clam chowder soup recipes certainly make a change from summer salads.
Do not attempt to cook the fresh clams in the crockpot. They need to be cooked in or steamed over hot liquid for five or ten minutes or until they open up, for the best flavor and texture. They would cook too slowly in the crockpot and end up tough and stringy. The canned ones are fine in there though, since they are already cooked. Crockpot clam chowder is perfect if you want your dinner ready as soon as you get home.
- 10¾ oz can New England clam chowder
- 1 quart Half & Half
- 10¾ oz can condensed cream of celery soup
- 10¾ oz can condensed cream of potato soup
- 2 peeled chopped potatoes
- 13 oz canned clams
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 20 fresh clams (optional)
- Drain half the liquid off the clams and discard.
- Add the remaining clams and liquid to the crockpot, along with all the other ingredients except the fresh clams.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- If you wish to garnish the chowder with fresh clams, add them to a rack inside a pot with an inch of water, cover the pot, and steam them for 5 to 10 minutes or until they open.
- The clams should not touch the water but be above it.
- Discard any which have not opened after 10 minutes and garnish the chowder with the rest of them.
Cooking food in the crockpot is handy for some, since they can get home to a hot meal without having to cook anything, and it is also popular for another reason. Slow cookers are fantastic at blending ingredients. Add your clams, soups, and seasonings to the crockpot and the flavors will combine and meld like you would not believe. The resulting crockpot clam chowder has an amazing flavor and you will love its rich, creamy thickness. This is comfort food at its finest and you can add a few fresh clams on top for an elegant look.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357575 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)