Crockpot Recipe Taco Soup
Crockpot cooking is very versatile and this dish takes only two hours, which is not a lot for a crockpot meal. Crockpot soup recipes are great to make because the flavors blend gently and there is no risk of accidentally boiling the soup, which can spoil it. This taco soup recipe combines beef, corn, kidney beans, onions and much more, to bring a taste of Mexico to your dinner table. If you want to make a quick and easy crockpot recipe taco soup is a great one to try. There are not many soups as flavorful and delicious as this slow cooker taco soup recipe.
This tasty recipe for taco soup is similar to a chili con carne recipe but it is juicier because of the tomato sauce. If you prefer more liquid, you can add a can of diced tomatoes to the mixture or even a can of beef broth. This slow cooker taco soup is served with corn chips, sour cream and green onions to give it an authentic south of the border feel. You can serve some hot sauce on the side, since some people might want to spice up their portion.
This recipe for taco soup is a real winter warmer and if you like Mexican crockpot recipes you will find this one easy enough to make. You need to brown the meat in a skillet before you cook it in the crockpot but that only takes five minutes. This is one of the best crockpot recipes using ground beef.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 15 oz drained can kidney beans
- 15 oz drained can corn kernels
- 1 oz taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 6 cups corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Sauté the beef and onion in a skillet until the beef is brown, then drain off the fat.
- Transfer the mixture to a crockpot and stir in the beans, corn, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning.
- Cover the crockpot and cook for 2 hours on low.
- Divide the corn chips between 4 serving bowls, and then top then with the taco soup and a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve the cheese and green onions on the side, so people can serve themselves.
You can see how colorful and appetizing this crockpot recipe taco soup is just by looking at the picture. The dollop of sour cream on top finishes this classic Mexican dish off perfectly and the flavors of the tomato sauce, beans, taco seasoning, corn and other ingredients all go together really well. The soup is served on top of some corn tortilla chips but you can serve extra on the side if you want to; they do make the perfect accompaniment to this taco soup recipe. As any crockpot articles will tell you, crockpot cooking is perfect for cooking many different Mexican recipes.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (366202 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195579 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (91097 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54681 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52674 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41140 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40876 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29563 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26517 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23597 Views)