Ham and Lentil Soup Recipe
This flavorsome crockpot soup boasts the flavors of ham, lentils, vegetables, lemon and much more. The result is a filling and tasty crockpot soup, which is perfect for lunch or dinner. You might have made ham stew, lentil stew or something else blending these two flavors and this soup is a beautiful recipe to try if you like crockpot cooking because it is easy and rich in nicely contrasting flavors.
Chicken broth and water are used for the liquid in this ham and lentil soup recipe, which offers a light taste and not one that will overpower the flavors of the other ingredients. This ham and lentil soup recipe is similar to a stew but it is more liquid, so you will need to serve it in a bowl. This makes a great lunch or dinner. Ham and lentils go together in many different recipes and you can also get readymade lentil soup with ham in, but of course this does not taste anywhere near as good as our crockpot ham and lentil soup recipe.
If you enjoy the flavor of lentils, you will find that the natural saltiness of the ham really goes well with it. Because the ham is salty, taste this lentil and ham soup recipe before adding any salt to it, especially if you are using chicken broth, which is not low-sodium. Different kinds of ham have different levels of saltiness and making this lentil stew too salty will not make it taste as good.
- 21 oz condensed chicken broth
- 1 drained can green beans
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups dried lentils
- 3 cups diced ham
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 cups water
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 6 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine the broth, carrots, lentils, ham, salt, pepper, onion, water, garlic, and oregano in a crockpot, then cover and cook.
- This ham and lentil soup will take 9 hours on a low heat or 5 hours on a high heat.
- Stir in the spinach and beans cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve.
This mouthwatering ham and lentil soup recipe is guaranteed to soothe and comfort you. The beans, carrots, onion, and spinach offer plenty of nutritional value and the lentils are a great source of protein. This is a nutritious crockpot soup recipe as well as a tasty one. If you enjoy making soup in a crockpot, you will enjoy this recipe because you simply have to combine the ingredients in your slow cooker and cook it. The spinach just needs to wilt and the beans need to heat through so just give them five minutes at the end of the cooking time. Adding them too early will make them mushy.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357478 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)