Meatball and Vegetable Soup
This recipe is very simple and it produces a great-tasting soup. The recipe calls for frozen fully-cooked meatballs but you can use your own meatball recipe if you prefer. Also, the vegetables are up to you. Some people like to use onion, potatoes or other vegetables, or you could use a one-pound bag of frozen mixed vegetables if you like.
If you want to use frozen vegetables, then cook the soup for 9 hours on low without them, then stir them in and cook the soup on high for another hour, since they will not take as long to cook as fresh ones. Meatball soup can be as easy as just throwing all the ingredients into the crockpot in the morning and then when you get home from work it will be all ready to serve up. You can serve this as it is or with some crusty Italian bread perhaps.
You might like to add leftover cooked rice or pasta shapes to make it more substantial, in which case add these an hour before the end of the cooking time because they will only need to heat through. This is an excellent recipe for your slow cooker and you can also double it if you have a bigger crockpot. Feel free to add some chili powder if you want to spice things up a bit.
- 1 lb chopped vegetables (leeks, carrots and green beans, for example)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 lb frozen fully-cooked meatballs
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 2 cans (14 oz each) condensed beef broth
- 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes, not drained
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a 4 quart crockpot.
- Cover and cook for 10 hours on low or until the meatballs and vegetables are tender.
This soup is rich and meaty, and you can see some of the ingredients in the photo as well as some crusty bread in a basket which you might like to serve with it. We like this soup with fresh French bread but you can try Ciabatta if you want, or another variety. Yet another option is to make some croutons and scatter those on top before serving. This is a kid-friendly soup because kids like meatballs and they will also find the rich tomato-beef soup base very flavorful. Sneak in some finely diced veggies and this is an all-round nutritious bowl of soup.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357624 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)