Slow Cooker Mexican Beef Soup
This is one of the best crockpot recipes containing beef stew meat. Not only is this type of meat very cheap to buy but it cooks beautifully in crockpot recipes, coming out very tender and succulent. This vegetable beef soup contains popular Mexican ingredients such as corn, kidney beans, tomatoes, cumin, sour cream and more and it is a great soup for lunch or dinner. As well as being one of our more healthy crockpot recipes, this is one of the best crockpot soups.
Perhaps you have made a Mexican beef soup recipe on the stove because most beef soup recipes cook more quickly but using this cut of beef and cooking it slowly makes a huge difference. If you want to use dried beans rather than canned ones, allow for a longer preparation time because these need to soak overnight. Canned beans are much easier. You can use frozen corn if you want to. This will take longer to cook than canned corn because it needs to thaw and then heat up, rather than just heat up, so canned corn kernels are preferable.
If you enjoy making beef soup recipes, you will love the Mexican flavors in this one. Serve it with a dollop of sour cream and perhaps a sprig of fresh cilantro. You can also serve cornbread on the side to make it extra delicious. The ingredients are quite basic for this beef soup recipe and you probably already have most of them in your cupboards. This hearty, delicious soup gets most of its flavor from the meat itself, since slow cooking brings out the juicy flavor.
- 1 lb beef stew meat, in ½ inch cubes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 14 oz tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 14 oz beef broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 small can corn kernels
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb can kidney beans
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Add the beef, water, broth, tomato sauce, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and cumin to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on a low heat for 8 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Turn the heat up to high and stir in the corn, oregano, and drained, rinsed kidney beans.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes, then serve with the sour cream.
As this photo shows, this rich and appetizing vegetable beef soup makes a perfect meal on a cool evening. The beef comes out really succulent, as is the case with all easy crockpot recipes containing meat, because of the slow cooking process itself. The tomatoes, corn, and kidney beans add typical Mexican flavors to this flavorful slow cooker recipe and the cumin and oregano finish it off nicely. Serve this with a dollop of sour cream on top and perhaps some cilantro and the whole family will love the rich, flavorful meal. What about making a homemade skillet cornbread recipe and serving that on the side for mopping up all the wonderful juices?
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357683 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)