The Best Hot and Spicy Chicken Soup Recipe
This is one of our easy crockpot recipes because you only need to use five ingredients to make it. You can add more hot sauce as the meal cooks if you want to but remember that every time you open the lid of the crockpot you are adding to the cooking time because steam will escape. Serve this delicious soup over rice for a complete meal with a green salad on the side. Alternatively, you can serve this spicy chicken soup in a big bowl with crusty bread for dipping instead of the croutons.
You can add some fresh cilantro leaves at the end of the cooking time for some color if you want to, or butter the bread and sprinkle dried herbs over before toasting it in the broiler. There are many ways to make croutons and you can also buy them readymade but we recommend that you make your own, because they are easy enough to do and they will taste fresher. If you want your croutons to be crispy all over instead of just on two sides, like with toast, cut the bread into cubes before you toast it and coat them in melted butter, and then broil them. Keep an eye on the croutons because they cook fast and can burn quickly.
This spicy chicken soup recipe might be simple but it is hearty, warming, and delicious. If you do not fancy a hot and spicy chicken soup but you do fancy something creamy with chicken, simply omit the hot sauce and make the recipe without it.
- 4 chicken breasts, no bones, or skin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cans cream of chicken soup, 11 oz each
- 6 cups milk
- 8 slices toasted bread, cut into small cubes
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Cook and shred the chicken breasts.
- Combine the chicken, sour cream, soup, and milk in the crockpot and add as much hot sauce as you like.
- Cover and cook for 6 hours on low.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Divide the soup between 8 bowls.
- Sprinkle the croutons over the top and serve.
As the picture shows, this is a nice and creamy spicy chicken soup. Some recipes for hot and spicy soup give you a clear soup but this one combines sour cream with hot sauce, which might sound like an odd combination in a spicy chicken soup recipe but it does work. This soup is creamy and rich but it has a hot sauce bite to it, which is optional – just leave out the hot sauce if you prefer a non spicy chicken soup. The croutons add some crunch, although you could serve bread instead if you prefer.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357392 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)