How to Make Dumplings
How to Make Some Dumplings
Learn how to make your own dumplings for a chicken and dumplings recipe. Chicken and dumplings is a comfort food favorite in many households. Making chicken and dumplings recipe is simple when you know how to make your own dumplings. When you want to fill the family up on budget; this is an affordable meal. You can make this delicious chicken and dumplings meal part of your dinner routine. Here is the best way to learn how to make dumplings.
How to Make Dumplings
What is your family’s favorite comfort food? What about your family’s favorite comfort food on a budget? Many families have several comfort foods to fit every season and price range but the majority all agree that the best of all time comfort food on or off a budget is none other than a good steaming bowl of delicious and savory chicken and dumplings!
Perhaps it is the delicious seasonings and thick broth that makes it their favorite, or perhaps it is the wonderfully seasoned plump and airy dumplings floating on top of the broth that appeal to their pallets.
Either way, chicken and dumplings has been an American favorite since it first was in print back in the early 1700s. There are various recipes for dumplings available to chose from, and no doubt you will savor the recipe you grew up enjoying from when your Mother and, or grandmother made these for their own pots of chicken and dumplings.
When you are in the mood for some good comfort food the kind that will "stick to your ribs," you know that When all else fails, chicken and dumplings prevail in any household, and for any budget!
Do You like Dumplings?
- 20 oz canned chunk chicken
- ⅔ cup milk
- 28 oz canned chicken broth
- 2¼ cups biscuit baking mix
- Stir the biscuit mix with the milk, just until they pull together.
- Pour the cans of chicken broth into a saucepan along with the drained chicken, and bring to a boil.
- When the broth is at a steady boil, take a handful of biscuit dough and flatten it in your hand.
- Tear off small pieces (1 or 2 inches) and drop them into the boiling broth.
- They need to be immersed for at least a minute.
- When all the dough is in the pot, stir so the dumplings are getting cooked evenly, the newer ones need to be submerged.
- Cover and simmer over a medium heat for about 10 minutes or until they're done, stirring occasionally.
Dumplings are lovely in soup, and they can be added to any kind, from a simple bouillon to a chicken broth or similar. They are also wonderful in stew, adding flavor as well as a chewy, tasty, comfort food touch, and making it more hearty and filling. Homemade dumplings are versatile in this way, and anyone can make them. In this recipe biscuit mix, milk and chicken are cooked in chicken broth. Simply simmer this mixture for 10 minutes and the reward of tasty, hot dumplings will be all yours.
Photo Credit: Chicken & Dumplings by KellyK, on Flickr
The New Best Recipe: All-New Edition by Cook’s Illustrated Magazine
John Burgoyne, Carl Tremblay and Daniel J. Van Ackere
This enormous book is absolutely packed with recipes. It has 1028 pages! There really is something for everybody. There are also 800 illustrations in there. Featuring over 1000 recipes for everything from macaroni cheese to roast chicken, coleslaw, crÃ¨me caramel, chocolate chip cookies and homemade chicken stock, this is an encyclopedia of a cookbook. You also get tips and tutorials on everything from baking to grilling, and so much more. Whether you are a seasoned chef or completely new to cookery, you will find this book the ideal kitchen companion. It covers just about every cuisine, every ingredient and every cooking method imaginable. This cookbook makes a fantastic gift for a keen home cook or you might like to buy it for yourself. It really is enormous and it will take you years to work your way through all the delicious recipes in there!
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357645 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)