Wonderfully Surprising Thai Shrimp Soup Recipe
Do you want to bring a top dish to the table with an exotic Thai twist to spice up a hearty dinner or to show off to some friends? Are you interested in preparing some exotic recipe to make your marriage a little spicier or more interesting? Then this Thai Shrimp Soup will literally take your cake. Bringing a seafood dish to the table is an already know show stopper, but with a Thai twist to it, it is going to take the party or the dinner by storm.
This flavorful platter, including daring and exotic spices, herbs, and ingredients such as jalapeno peppers, lime, paprika, cilantro, and others, is a winner from whatever angle you are prepared to look at it from. Few things compare to the originality and strong flavors of traditional Thai cooking. There are also many variations of this platter, where if one is chili intolerant you can remove an ingredient without losing the exotic power of the whole dish. This is a promising meal and with a little practice can become one enjoyed by family and friends alike while in good company.
Who says that soup is not hearty or filling enough to pass as an entrée? This Thai shrimp soup is certainly impressive enough, flavorful enough, and satisfying enough to make the grade. Boasting vegetables, citrus, succulent shrimp and other mouthwatering Thai flavors, this sensational soup is sure to appeal to everyone. As with other spicy Asian shrimp recipes you can opt to reduce or increase the amount of chili depending how spicy you like your Thai shrimp soup recipes to be. This soup is easy to put together, even if you are a novice cook.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 pound medium through large peeled and deveined, shells reserved
- 1 - 2 jalapeno peppers, cut into slivers (optional for those intolerant of chili)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground chili powder from red peppers
- 46 fluid ounces of chicken broth either canned or home prepared
- 1 can cooked mushrooms (or variant home prepared mushrooms fried over high heat with low oil)
- ½ inch slice lemon peel (width)
- ½ inch slice lime peel (width)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 tablespoon table soy sauce
- 1 fresh Thai chili pepper (red) or small red bell pepper cut into strips (the chili again is optional for those intolerant of the substance)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- * As a note, be careful preparing with chili, as hands not carefully washed after can hurt eyes with contact, so use gloves or be extremely thorough washing hands.
- Heat a medium sized wok on a medium-high heat till hot.
- Heat vegetable or olive oil for 30 seconds, and then add shrimp and jalapeno slivers. Stir frequently for 30 seconds and then add ground paprika and red chili powder, and cook together until shrimp becomes pink and opaque, about 2-4 minutes.
- Remove shrimp mixture.
- Add shrimp shells to wok, and fry for thirty seconds.
- Add cooked or canned mushrooms and chicken stalk as well as lemon and lime peel, and simmer together for 15 minutes (once liquid has reached simmer point).
- Remove shrimp shells and lemon and lime peels from broth and discard. Add shrimp mixture, and once soup has reached a boiling point, add lemon and lime juices as well as red chili pepper.
- Ladle into bowls, and sprinkle with fresh cut cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
This dish can be served with any number of traditional Thai foods, customarily as a first course platter. It goes over extremely well before simpler and lighter noodle dishes. It can also be used as a main lighter dinner style meal.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (358597 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90950 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52606 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41065 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26483 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23574 Views)