Mouthwatering Crockpot Soup Recipes
Soup tends to be flavorful and can make a delicious appetizer or main course. The important thing about soup recipes is that the ingredients need to combine well for maximum flavor. A crockpot is the ideal way to make soup because crockpot soup recipes cook on a low heat for hours, ensuring the flavors merge and blend perfectly.
Types of Crockpot Soup and Stews
Crockpot creamy potato soup and slow cooker beef vegetable soup are just two examples of the wonderful crockpot soup recipes you can make. Crockpot soups like these are beautiful on a cool fall or winter evening and give you a hearty and satisfying meal.
Really Easy and Fuss-Free
Not only does your crockpot ensure all the ingredients in your soup will blend beautifully, but the long, slow cooking time also means you are not going to have to stand over a hot stove. In fact you can just add the ingredients to your crockpot, give the mixture a stir and leave it to cook. This has to be the easiest way to make soup. Of course, the soup is going to take longer in the crockpot than on the stove, but that is fine if you want to begin the soup in the morning and then come home to a finished meal. Simple cut yourself a couple of slices of bread and ladle the piping hot soup into a bowl.
Ingredients for Crockpot Soups
Most ingredients do well in a crockpot with the exception of fats, which is why browning meat and removing excess grease or fat before adding it is usually recommended. If your soup calls for seafood or cream, these usually go in near the end of the cooking time, since they do not take long to cook, while potatoes and other dense ingredients might take all day. Tough cuts of meat can be yours for just a couple of dollars and these come out brilliantly in the crockpot, so you might wish to make a beef or ham soup. Once the meat is cooked it will be falling-apart tender.
Slow-Cooked Soup is So Good
If you have not tried crockpot soup before then you are in store for a real treat. It is hard to describe the wonderful effect slow cooking has on soup ingredients, and you should really try it for yourself. All the flavors and textures blend nicely and anything you want to be a bit more crisp or crunchy you can add to the slow cooker later. You can even stir in seafood an hour before the end of the cooking time and it will cook in the soup, or you can stir in cream near the end, when all the other ingredients are pretty much done.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357353 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90936 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41060 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40863 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)