The Tastiest and Best Soup Recipes
Why Soup is So Special
There is nothing quite like soup. It can be a beverage, appetizer or main dish. Soup can even be a dessert if you make a sweet type. Choose from hot, warm and chilled soups, and choose your own spice level from simple and mild to piquant and spicy. There are so many recipes for soup you will be spoilt from choice. Consider chowders, creamy soups and consommé recipes, as well as learning how to make a homemade stock, or finding out the best soup tips. We offer lots of different recipes including well-known types like pumpkin, potato or chicken soup, as well as more unusual ones.
Homemade Soup Possibilities
The main benefit of making your own soup is you are going to end up with something which tastes so much better than anything you could get out of a can or box, whichever recipe you are following. Feel free to add extra vegetables or swap one kind of stock for another. Many recipes can be adapted to suit your palate so if you want to spice it up with chilies, go ahead, or if you want to use sweet potato instead of pumpkin, again go ahead. Some of the very best soups are those you create yourself by finding a recipe you like and then making your own modifications. You have ultimate freedom when making your own soup.
Classic Soups and Unusual Ones
Choose from classic soups such as tomato, chicken noodle, pumpkin or potato, or try something you have not made before such as clam chowder or bouillabaisse. If you want to try an international recipe, how about Chinese chicken soup or one of our Mexican soups? Sometimes it is nice to enjoy a classic family favorite and other times it can be fun to experiment with something new, so the recipe you pick out really just depends what you are in the mood for.
Making Soup Like a Pro
Soup is a great dish for beginners to make because it is so easy, but that does not mean you should rush into it without learning a few tips first. A pro know to begin with a good quality stock or broth, something which would be palatable drunk on its own. Use homemade stock if possible, else choose a good quality one. If your soup features aromatics like onion, garlic, carrots or celery, cook them for a few minutes before adding liquid to bring out their flavors.
The Finishing Touches
It is very important to taste your soup near the end of the cooking time. Do not be afraid to add more seasonings if the soup is a bit on the bland side. Add more cream or more of anything else which is lacking. Some cream, citrus juice or fresh herbs added right at the end will add a bright, fresh flavor. For contrast, garnish a smooth soup with something crunchy, a sweet soup with something salty, and a chunky soup with something smooth, else let the recipe inspire you or come up with your own garnishes.
One Response to Soup Recipes
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357353 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90938 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)