Pumpkin Soup Recipes for Everyone
There are some types of soup that some people love and others not so much, but pumpkin soup is different because there are so many diverse recipes for it. For example, chunky soups are great for kids and the creamy, sweet flavor of pumpkin is very appealing to them.
For a classy summer appetizer, what about making chilled pumpkin soup? This is an elegant dish, which you can prepare beforehand, freeing up time to make the main course. A hot pumpkin soup can also be sophisticated, especially with some cream swirled on the top and a few snipped chives or a dash of gourmet pumpkinseed oil.
Making Authentic Pumpkin Soup Recipes at Home
Once you have some pumpkin you can start experimenting with recipes for creamy pumpkin soups. Making soup at home is always preferable to using soup mixes or canned soups because it tastes fresher. Also, you control exactly what goes into your pumpkin soup recipe. There are often lots of undesirable additives found in canned soups and soup mix powders.
Yams, acorn squash, sweet potato, and butternut squash are all similar to pumpkin so if you do not have enough pumpkin you can use some of those ingredients too or add them to the pumpkin soup recipe you are using for a slight twist on the flavor.
Ingredients such as chili sauce and lime can be used for an Asian spin on classic pumpkin soup recipes, rather than the more traditional ingredients of cream or milk and broth. You can really spice up a pumpkin soup recipe with chili powder or chili sauce and it actually suits the pumpkin flavor.
This is a great idea if you are trying to get over a cold or the flu or if it is very cold, outside and you want to warm up with a hot, tasty soup recipe.
Delicious Pumpkin Soup through History
Pumpkins date back thousands of years and, like most vegetables, they have been used to make soup in various cultures. Modern pumpkin soup recipes are very refined and there are plenty of exciting ingredients available to make any kind of pumpkin soup you fancy, from classic pumpkin soup to a canned pumpkin soup recipe and pretty much any recipes for creamy pumpkin soups you want to create.
The Easiest Pumpkin Soup Recipes
A pumpkin soup recipe can be as easy or as complicated as you want to make it. There are lots of easy pumpkin soup recipes and you can simply boil some pumpkin in broth, throw in a few herbs or spices, simmer it for a while, and puree the results. This will be quite a plain, basic soup but it is also an example of an easy pumpkin soup recipe, which you can make if you are in a rush.
Another easy way to cook pumpkin before using it to make pumpkin soup is to wash it well, cut it into two halves, and discard the seeds. Cook it in an uncovered pressure cooker until soft or boil it in a pan full of water until it is tender. Then you can chop it up or puree it and add it to the other pumpkin soup ingredients.
Healthy pumpkin soup recipes tend to be very easy as well. Skim milk and pumpkin puree can be combined for a quick, easy, and healthy soup recipe and you can add some pumpkin pie spice if you like, to boost the flavor. Splenda or sugar adds sweetness or you can omit this if the pumpkin is sweet enough for your taste already. These are just a few ways to create delicious pumpkin soup recipes yourself at home.
So, enjoy browsing our extensive collection of the best pumpkin soup recipes ever and happy cooking!
One Response to Pumpkin Soup
Leave a Reply
- Simple Chicken Stew Recipe in a Crock Pot
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- The Best French Onion Soup Tuscan Style
- Cream of Pumpkin Soup Recipe with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Easy 5 Ingredient Cream of Asparagus Soup
- An Old Fashioned Oxtail Stew Recipe
- Mixed Seafood Chowder with Crumbled Bacon
- Easy Recipe for How to Make Rabbit Stew
- Czech Potato Soup with Mushrooms
- Chicken Soup with Homemade Egg Noodles
- Insider Secrets to Storing Onions
- What to Serve with Beef Stew
- What to Do With Stew Meat Besides Stew
- How to Thicken Potato Soup
- How to Caramelize Onions Like a Pro
- Can I Use New York Strip Steak for Stew?
- Five Common French Onion Soup Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- How to Brown Stew Meat
- How Long is Potato Soup Good?
- The History of Onion Soup - The History of French Onion Soup
- What Makes Clam Chowder Recipes So Wonderfully Unique November 21, 2013
- Chicken and Noodles Recipe November 20, 2013
- Simple Chicken Soup Recipe November 18, 2013
- Clam Chowder Wars November 16, 2013
- How to Make Dumplings November 15, 2013
- Budget Crockpot Recipes November 12, 2013
- Fish Soup Recipe November 8, 2013
- Alphabet Soup Recipe November 7, 2013
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe November 7, 2013
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (77153 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (43746 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (37368 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (26835 Views)
- Home (24887 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (17909 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (17483 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (16979 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (11094 Views)
- Vibrant Orange and Carrot Soup (9248 Views)