Pumpkin Soup Recipes for Everyone
There are some types of soup that some people love and others not so much, but pumpkin soup is different because there are so many diverse recipes for it. For example, chunky soups are great for kids and the creamy, sweet flavor of pumpkin is very appealing to them.
For a classy summer appetizer, what about making chilled pumpkin soup? This is an elegant dish, which you can prepare beforehand, freeing up time to make the main course. A hot pumpkin soup can also be sophisticated, especially with some cream swirled on the top and a few snipped chives or a dash of gourmet pumpkinseed oil.
Making Authentic Pumpkin Soup Recipes at Home
Once you have some pumpkin you can start experimenting with recipes for creamy pumpkin soups. Making soup at home is always preferable to using soup mixes or canned soups because it tastes fresher. Also, you control exactly what goes into your pumpkin soup recipe. There are often lots of undesirable additives found in canned soups and soup mix powders.
Yams, acorn squash, sweet potato, and butternut squash are all similar to pumpkin so if you do not have enough pumpkin you can use some of those ingredients too or add them to the pumpkin soup recipe you are using for a slight twist on the flavor.
Ingredients such as chili sauce and lime can be used for an Asian spin on classic pumpkin soup recipes, rather than the more traditional ingredients of cream or milk and broth. You can really spice up a pumpkin soup recipe with chili powder or chili sauce and it actually suits the pumpkin flavor.
This is a great idea if you are trying to get over a cold or the flu or if it is very cold, outside and you want to warm up with a hot, tasty soup recipe.
Delicious Pumpkin Soup through History
Pumpkins date back thousands of years and, like most vegetables, they have been used to make soup in various cultures. Modern pumpkin soup recipes are very refined and there are plenty of exciting ingredients available to make any kind of pumpkin soup you fancy, from classic pumpkin soup to a canned pumpkin soup recipe and pretty much any recipes for creamy pumpkin soups you want to create.
The Easiest Pumpkin Soup Recipes
A pumpkin soup recipe can be as easy or as complicated as you want to make it. There are lots of easy pumpkin soup recipes and you can simply boil some pumpkin in broth, throw in a few herbs or spices, simmer it for a while, and puree the results. This will be quite a plain, basic soup but it is also an example of an easy pumpkin soup recipe, which you can make if you are in a rush.
Another easy way to cook pumpkin before using it to make pumpkin soup is to wash it well, cut it into two halves, and discard the seeds. Cook it in an uncovered pressure cooker until soft or boil it in a pan full of water until it is tender. Then you can chop it up or puree it and add it to the other pumpkin soup ingredients.
Healthy pumpkin soup recipes tend to be very easy as well. Skim milk and pumpkin puree can be combined for a quick, easy, and healthy soup recipe and you can add some pumpkin pie spice if you like, to boost the flavor. Splenda or sugar adds sweetness or you can omit this if the pumpkin is sweet enough for your taste already. These are just a few ways to create delicious pumpkin soup recipes yourself at home.
So, enjoy browsing our extensive collection of the best pumpkin soup recipes ever and happy cooking!
One Response to Pumpkin Soup
Leave a Reply
- Creamy Ham and Potato Soup with Celery December 7, 2014
- Golden Potato Soup with American Cheese December 6, 2014
- Chicken Noodle Soup with Mushrooms and Celery November 24, 2014
- Chicken Noodle Soup with Celery and Red Onion November 23, 2014
- Herby Chicken Soup with Egg Noodles November 22, 2014
- Chicken Curry Soup with Vegetables November 20, 2014
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup November 18, 2014
- Fresh Pumpkin Soup with Warm Spices November 17, 2014
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup November 7, 2014
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (86458 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (85267 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54317 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (50900 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (37893 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (24932 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (24840 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (21554 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (19540 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (19433 Views)