Healthy and Organic Beef Broth Recipe
Organic produce is often a lot tastier than non-organic produce. If you (or your partner) are a keen gardener, perhaps you have some of your own vegetables you can use to make broth. If not, lots of grocery stores sell organic food. Use short ribs, shank crosscuts or arm bones in the following beef broth recipe for maximum flavor.
If you are going to make a quick and easy French onion soup, using a tasty broth really adds plenty of delicious flavors and keeps it tasting fresh and homemade. The bones in the following organic beef broth recipe are roasted. This improves their flavor and draws out the delicious juices.
This beef broth recipe is very simple and relies on garlic, basil, and thyme to enhance the meaty flavor. You might be tempted to use a bouillon cube but making your own beef broth is really economical and simple and you can make a lot at once and freeze what you are not going to use immediately.
Organic Beef Broth with Thyme and Basil
Summary: Roasted beef bones are cooked with organic vegetables, herbs and garlic to produce this full-flavored beef broth recipe. The meaty flavors are really exquisite in this.
- 6 lbs beef bones
- 2 organic onions, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 ½ cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 4 bay leaves
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme, crushed
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley, crushed
- 3 organic carrots, chopped
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put the soup bones in a big roasting pan and bake them for 30 minutes or until they are deep brown, turning them once.
- Put the browned bones in a big soup pot. Pour ½ cup of water into the roasting pan and use a wooden spoon to scoop up the stuck on bits. Add this mixture to the soup pot.
- Add the onions, celery, carrots, peppercorns, parsley, basil, garlic, salt, bay leaves, and 10 cups of water. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn the heat down and let it simmer, covered, for 3 ½ hours.
- Remove the soup bones and pour the broth through a double layer of cheesecloth covered sieve.
- Pick the meat off the bones if you want to use it for something else.
- Discard the seasonings and vegetables.
- Skim the fat off the top.
- Store the broth and reserved meat in separate containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Alternatively freeze them for up to 6 months.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Organic vegetables can be found in many grocery stores these days, as well as at farmers’ markets. Sometimes they are past their prime and you can find them discounted. Vegetables like this are perhaps not so good for presenting as a side dish but they are wonderful for making soups and broths, so grab whatever you see, and use those with beef bones for making a full-flavored beef broth. Serve the broth with vegetable pieces in or serve it as a clear beverage if you prefer. This is a versatile broth.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Simple Chicken Stew Recipe in a Crock Pot
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- The Best French Onion Soup Tuscan Style
- Cream of Pumpkin Soup Recipe with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Easy 5 Ingredient Cream of Asparagus Soup
- An Old Fashioned Oxtail Stew Recipe
- Mixed Seafood Chowder with Crumbled Bacon
- Easy Recipe for How to Make Rabbit Stew
- Czech Potato Soup with Mushrooms
- Chicken Soup with Homemade Egg Noodles
- Insider Secrets to Storing Onions
- What to Do With Stew Meat Besides Stew
- How to Thicken Potato Soup
- How to Caramelize Onions Like a Pro
- The Best French Onion Soup Cheese
- Five Common French Onion Soup Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- How to Brown Stew Meat
- How Long is Potato Soup Good?
- The History of Onion Soup - The History of French Onion Soup
- How to Choose the Best Stock Pots
- What Makes Clam Chowder Recipes So Wonderfully Unique November 21, 2013
- Chicken and Noodles Recipe November 20, 2013
- Simple Chicken Soup Recipe November 18, 2013
- Clam Chowder Wars November 16, 2013
- How to Make Dumplings November 15, 2013
- Budget Crockpot Recipes November 12, 2013
- Fish Soup Recipe November 8, 2013
- Alphabet Soup Recipe November 7, 2013
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe November 7, 2013
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (71532 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (38814 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (28978 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (24658 Views)
- Home (22609 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (17088 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (16804 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (15822 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (9714 Views)
- Vibrant Orange and Carrot Soup (8835 Views)