Sauerkraut Soup with Paprika Powder
Not every cabbage soup that you find will use ingredients that you might expect. One example of that is sauerkraut soup with paprika powder. This is a delicious meal that will take the spice of the paprika and combine it with the deep flavor of the sauerkraut to create a dish that will leave your mouth watering as you are prepping it in the kitchen.
Something you need to keep in mind when you are preparing your sauerkraut soup with paprika powder, you do need to have a higher quality sauerkraut in this soup. Since this is going to be where a majority of the flavor is going to come from, you will need to ensure that you are working with a product that you can stand behind. Since there are so many different choices on the market, you may want to buy a few different jars in advance and then find the one that is going to have the best overall flavor.
Keep in mind that there is going to be some spice to this dish as well. If you are not a fan of spicy dishes, then you may want to review the ingredients and consider some alternatives. Of course, those who are looking for something with a little more spice many want to change the type of pepper that you end up using. With so many different choices out there, you will certainly be able to find a few different variations that can end up working extremely well for you. To begin this process, you may want to consider the following recipes as one of the choices you will have. It offers some heat, while maximizing the flavor you get from the sauerkraut. You will also have a chance to make kielbasa in it and serve it as a protein source on the side.
Spicy Sauerkraut Soup
Summary: Sauerkraut gives you the base for this soup, rather than plain cabbage, and that is accompanied by cream, paprika and other flavorful ingredients to give you a hearty and delicious soup. This is an easy one-pot recipe.
- 1 diced onion
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 1 large jar sauerkraut
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups cream
- Bay leaf
- Sour cream
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Begin by bringing your chicken stock to a boil, and then add in your onion, paprika, celery, bay leaf, and sauerkraut and bring the mixture down to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Next, add in your cream and allow the mixture to just warm up enough that it steams, be careful not to let the mixture boil as it can create a film. You should remove the bay leaf at this time.
- Remove from the heat and then serve hot with a dollop of sour cream.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Eastern European
As you can see from this photo, this rich dish is going to be filled with flavor. Make sure that you garnish it with vibrant colors like a red chili pepper and a sprinkling of paprika to make it even more appetizing to the eyes. You are going to find that this is going to be one of the best tasting dishes you will be able to make for your family that packs a powerful punch.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Simple Chicken Stew Recipe in a Crock Pot
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- The Best French Onion Soup Tuscan Style
- Cream of Pumpkin Soup Recipe with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Easy 5 Ingredient Cream of Asparagus Soup
- An Old Fashioned Oxtail Stew Recipe
- Mixed Seafood Chowder with Crumbled Bacon
- Easy Recipe for How to Make Rabbit Stew
- Czech Potato Soup with Mushrooms
- Chicken Soup with Homemade Egg Noodles
- Insider Secrets to Storing Onions
- What to Serve with Beef Stew
- What to Do With Stew Meat Besides Stew
- How to Thicken Potato Soup
- How to Caramelize Onions Like a Pro
- Can I Use New York Strip Steak for Stew?
- Five Common French Onion Soup Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- How to Brown Stew Meat
- How Long is Potato Soup Good?
- The History of Onion Soup - The History of French Onion Soup
- What Makes Clam Chowder Recipes So Wonderfully Unique November 21, 2013
- Chicken and Noodles Recipe November 20, 2013
- Simple Chicken Soup Recipe November 18, 2013
- Clam Chowder Wars November 16, 2013
- How to Make Dumplings November 15, 2013
- Budget Crockpot Recipes November 12, 2013
- Fish Soup Recipe November 8, 2013
- Alphabet Soup Recipe November 7, 2013
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe November 7, 2013
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (77189 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (43858 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (37473 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (26861 Views)
- Home (24934 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (17936 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (17488 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (16992 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (11118 Views)
- Vibrant Orange and Carrot Soup (9249 Views)