Chicken Noodle Soup Benefits
This classic chicken noodle soup recipe will allow you to create comforting chicken soup just like you had when you were a child. Classic versions of soup recipes are often the best and this chicken noodle soup recipe contains vegetables, parsley, a bay leaf, and egg noodles. If you are in a rush, you can use four or five cups of cooked chicken instead of the raw chicken. Then you just need to add it at the end of the cooking time and warm it through.
This classic chicken noodle soup is very simple to make and the ingredients are basic, but the flavor is really good. The bay leaf and parsley gently enhance the flavor of the meat and vegetables and you can use your favorite chicken broth as the base. Fat free chicken broth is tasty and healthy too.
This soup is especially comforting and the classic flavor will take you back in time to your childhood. If you crave a satisfying soup, which is simple yet, flavorsome, this recipe will definitely prove to be a delight. Chicken noodle soup can cheer you up as well as providing nutritional values. Comforting and warm, this soup is definitely good for your health.
Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
Summary: As we all know, chicken noodle soup is not simply a soup variety. This recipe offers plenty of benefits, both health benefits and the ability to soothe and comfort.
- 1 chicken (about 3 ½ lbs), quartered
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups dried egg noodles
- 2 cans mixed vegetables, 15 oz each
- 2 boxes chicken broth, 32 oz each
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Put the chicken quarters, chicken broth, celery, onion, salt and pepper in a big soup pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn the heat down and simmer it, covered, for 2 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Take the chicken out of the soup and let it cool.
- Remove the meat from the bones and put the chicken meat back in the soup.
- Discard the bay leaf. Bring the soup to the boil and add the mixed vegetables, parsley, and noodles.
- If you want the soup thinner, do not drain the liquid from the canned vegetables before adding them.
- Simmer the classic chicken noodle soup until the noodles are tender, and then serve.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 hours(s) 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Use whichever vegetables you like to make this chicken noodle soup, and the whole families can enjoy myriad benefits. The steam from the soup can relieve cold or flu symptoms, the chicken is protein-rich and the vegetables boast plenty of nutrients. There are lots of reasons to make chicken noodle soup, and the photo shows what an attractive dish it is, as well as an incredibly tasty one. Serve this in bowls or mugs, with a spoon for picking out the delicious chunky bits and perhaps with some bread too for soaking up all the soup and ensuring you do not miss any.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Czech Potato Soup with Mushrooms
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Stew
- Simple Chicken Stew Recipe in a Crock Pot
- Easy Recipe for How to Make Rabbit Stew
- Mixed Seafood Chowder with Crumbled Bacon
- Easy 5 Ingredient Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- The Best French Onion Soup Tuscan Style
- Chicken Soup with Homemade Egg Noodles
- Cream of Pumpkin Soup Recipe with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Insider Secrets to Storing Onions
- What to Do With Stew Meat Besides Stew
- How to Thicken Potato Soup
- How to Caramelize Onions Like a Pro
- The Best French Onion Soup Cheese
- Five Common French Onion Soup Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- How to Brown Stew Meat
- How Long is Potato Soup Good?
- The History of Onion Soup - The History of French Onion Soup
- How to Choose the Best Stock Pots
- What Makes Clam Chowder Recipes So Wonderfully Unique November 21, 2013
- Chicken and Noodles Recipe November 20, 2013
- Simple Chicken Soup Recipe November 18, 2013
- Clam Chowder Wars November 16, 2013
- How to Make Dumplings November 15, 2013
- Budget Crockpot Recipes November 12, 2013
- Fish Soup Recipe November 8, 2013
- Alphabet Soup Recipe November 7, 2013
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe November 7, 2013
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (71295 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (38663 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (28404 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (24554 Views)
- Home (22547 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (17067 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (16791 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (15798 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (9685 Views)
- Vibrant Orange and Carrot Soup (8829 Views)