Chicken Noodle Soup with Marjoram
This is a very traditional chicken noodle soup recipe and the parsley, marjoram, and bay leaf add an old-fashioned soup flavor to this recipe. Vegetables, chicken and egg noodles go very well together and give this chicken noodle soup the perfect taste. Marjoram has citrus and sweet pine flavors and is ideal for hearty soup recipes. It is milder and sweeter than oregano and features in many English, Italian, and German recipes.
You can enjoy this fine chicken soup recipe with some bread and butter and you can either eat it out of a bowl as an appetizer or drink it from a big mug for a comforting snack at any time of the day or night. Chicken noodle soup is well known as a mood booster and soother of colds and flu and this traditional chicken noodle soup recipe really lives up to its reputation. There is something about chicken noodle soup that really soothes the soul and helps you to unwind after a long, hard day.
Combining protein, liquid and vegetables always makes a healthy meal and the great thing about chicken noodle soup recipes is that they are often very easy to make.
Enjoying Chicken Noodle Soup is Easy with this Recipe
Summary: Not only is this a vegetable-rich chicken noodle soup, but it is also a dish containing marjoram which adds pine and citrus hints. Serve this with crusty bread perhaps.
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast, diced
- 6 oz egg noodles
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon marjoram leaves
- 12 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- Cook the onion and celery in the butter in a big soup pot until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the parsley and noodles and turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and cook the soup for half an hour.
- Discard the bay leaf and add the egg noodles and the parsley.
- Cook the soup, stirring occasionally, for another 10 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 50 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
You will find the marjoram adds notes of citrus and pine to the soup while the parsley adds fresh tones. Using herbs in soup is something which has been done for centuries, ever since people realized herbs added another dimension to the food’s overall flavor. Herbs also have health benefits, which is another reason for using them. Fresh herbs are usually added near the end of cooking while dried herbs go in near the beginning, the reason being fresh herbs have a delicate flavor which can be destroyed by the cooking process but dried ones are improved by it instead.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Simple Chicken Stew Recipe in a Crock Pot
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- The Best French Onion Soup Tuscan Style
- Cream of Pumpkin Soup Recipe with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Easy 5 Ingredient Cream of Asparagus Soup
- An Old Fashioned Oxtail Stew Recipe
- Mixed Seafood Chowder with Crumbled Bacon
- Easy Recipe for How to Make Rabbit Stew
- Czech Potato Soup with Mushrooms
- Chicken Soup with Homemade Egg Noodles
- Insider Secrets to Storing Onions
- What to Do With Stew Meat Besides Stew
- How to Thicken Potato Soup
- How to Caramelize Onions Like a Pro
- The Best French Onion Soup Cheese
- Five Common French Onion Soup Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- How to Brown Stew Meat
- How Long is Potato Soup Good?
- The History of Onion Soup - The History of French Onion Soup
- How to Choose the Best Stock Pots
- What Makes Clam Chowder Recipes So Wonderfully Unique November 21, 2013
- Chicken and Noodles Recipe November 20, 2013
- Simple Chicken Soup Recipe November 18, 2013
- Clam Chowder Wars November 16, 2013
- How to Make Dumplings November 15, 2013
- Budget Crockpot Recipes November 12, 2013
- Fish Soup Recipe November 8, 2013
- Alphabet Soup Recipe November 7, 2013
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe November 7, 2013
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (72040 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (39132 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (29597 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (24848 Views)
- Home (22723 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (17120 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (16872 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (15910 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (9842 Views)
- Vibrant Orange and Carrot Soup (8863 Views)