Herby Chicken Soup with Egg Noodles
The following recipe shows you how to make a quick and easy chicken soup. Whether you want to make it for someone who feels under the weather and needs cheering up, or you are just in the mood for this classic dish, choose this recipe and you will not be disappointed with the tasty soup which is sure to fill your belly and warm your soul.
What is it about chicken noodle soup and colds? This delicious dish seems to cure a cold naturally, practically stopping it in its tracks, or at least hurrying the cold on its way, allowing you to breathe easier and feel better. It is thought that the combination of ingredients used to make a chicken noodle soup recipe is largely responsible for the beneficial effects it offers, while the hot steam that comes off it helps clear the nose. The basil and oregano, when cooked with the onion and garlic, help release antibodies.
Chicken noodle soup is a warming winter dish which the whole family will enjoy and you can make this dish from scratch in as little as half an hour, so even putting it together when you get home from work is possible and there is no standing over a hot stove for hours. Just cook the ingredients in one pot and your soup will cook itself. Celery, onion, carrots, herbs, egg noodles, chicken, butter, and broth combine in your pot to bring you this fantastic feast. Simmer the soup gently until the vegetables are tender and consider serving the finished soup with cheese-topped baguette slices. Add a cup of hot lemon honey tea on the side and even if you are in the middle of a heavy cold, you are sure to feel so much better after enjoying this bowl of deliciousness. Feel free to double the recipe. The soup keeps for a few days in the refrigerator and you can warm it up o nthe stove.
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 4 cans chicken broth, 14½ oz each
- 14½ oz can vegetable broth
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ lb chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1½ cups egg noodles
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Sauté the onion and celery in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and the vegetable broth.
- Stir in the chicken, noodles, basil, mushrooms (if using), oregano, carrots, salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
This delicious soup is so easy to make and guarantees a fabulous flavor. Chicken noodle soup is always a lovely treat, whether you have a cold or feel under the weather, or if you are simply in the mood for this tasty classic. You just cannot go wrong with such a soup. Feel free to throw in some zucchini, mushrooms, bell pepper or any other vegetables you need to use up, or keep things simple. The quality of the broth you use will largely impact the finished flavor, so opt for quality wherever possible. This is quick and easy to make, and bursting with flavor and nutrients.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (359038 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195563 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90955 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54669 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52608 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41074 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29451 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26486 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23577 Views)