One of the Best Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes
If you want to make a soup, which will be filling and satisfying, this is a particularly good hearty chicken noodle soup recipe. Featuring the flavors of chicken and noodles as well as a range of herbs and spices you cannot go wrong with this fantastically hearty chicken soup. If you want something warming on a cold day, this chicken noodle soup really works wonders and will have you warm and toasty again.
This chicken soup recipe does need to simmer for quite a long time but it makes the whole house smell wonderful while it is doing so. The reason for the long cooking time is that stewing chickens are old hens, which are tough if you do not cook them long enough. Stewing chickens are popular for chicken soup recipes though, because they have so much flavor.
When you taste this delicious soup, you will be able to taste each individual herb, spice, and ingredient in every mouthful. This is a very healthy chicken soup recipe. The onion, celery, and carrots are nutritious, the chicken is a great source of protein, and the herbs and spices add all the flavor you need. The egg noodles are filling and delicious.
Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe with Vegetables
Summary: The word ‘hearty’ is used when a dish is really filling and satisfying, so it certainly describes this chicken noodle soup, which is packed with chicken, vegetables and noodles.
- 6 lbs stewing chicken, chopped
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 quarts water
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 oz egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole cloves
- 5 whole peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Put the chicken, onion, bay leaf, parsley, water, carrots, celery, chicken bouillon cubes, salt, pepper, cloves, peppercorns, and thyme in a big soup pot and bring it to a boil.
- Turn the heat down, cover the pot and simmer it for 2 ½ hours, or until the chicken is tender.
- Take the chicken out of the broth and let it cool.
- Take the bones out of the chicken and cut it into smaller chunks.
- Skim the fat off the top of the soup.
- Put the chicken back in the soup and add the carrots.
- Bring the soup to a simmer, add the egg noodles then cover the pot, and cook until the noodles are tender.
- This will take about 15 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 hour(s) 50 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Chicken noodle soup is usually hearty, even when you make it with the basic ingredients, which are broth, chicken and noodles. Most recipes call for vegetables however, and carrots and peas are especially popular because of how colorful they are. This is a flavorful, satisfying soup, and proves that soup does not have to be complex or creamy to be deserve the title of ‘hearty’ because this one is robust, filling, and so tasty you will want to make it again and again. Enjoy the harmonious flavors and the aromatic taste of this lovely homemade chicken soup.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Czech Potato Soup with Mushrooms
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Stew
- Simple Chicken Stew Recipe in a Crock Pot
- Easy Recipe for How to Make Rabbit Stew
- Mixed Seafood Chowder with Crumbled Bacon
- Easy 5 Ingredient Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- The Best French Onion Soup Tuscan Style
- Chicken Soup with Homemade Egg Noodles
- Cream of Pumpkin Soup Recipe with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Insider Secrets to Storing Onions
- What to Do With Stew Meat Besides Stew
- How to Thicken Potato Soup
- How to Caramelize Onions Like a Pro
- The Best French Onion Soup Cheese
- Five Common French Onion Soup Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- How to Brown Stew Meat
- How Long is Potato Soup Good?
- The History of Onion Soup - The History of French Onion Soup
- How to Choose the Best Stock Pots
- What Makes Clam Chowder Recipes So Wonderfully Unique November 21, 2013
- Chicken and Noodles Recipe November 20, 2013
- Simple Chicken Soup Recipe November 18, 2013
- Clam Chowder Wars November 16, 2013
- How to Make Dumplings November 15, 2013
- Budget Crockpot Recipes November 12, 2013
- Fish Soup Recipe November 8, 2013
- Alphabet Soup Recipe November 7, 2013
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe November 7, 2013
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (71273 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (38654 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (28381 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (24544 Views)
- Home (22540 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (17065 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (16778 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (15795 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (9680 Views)
- Vibrant Orange and Carrot Soup (8825 Views)