Cajun Chicken Soup with Black Beans and Sausage
This rich and meaty chicken soup recipe is full of flavor. Chicken broth is used as the base and sausage, bell pepper, carrots, tomatoes and garlic add lots of taste. The Cajun seasoning adds a spiciness to this soup recipe and it looks appealing and colorful.
This Cajun inspired chicken soup recipe makes a change from the chicken noodle soup recipes and classic chicken soup recipes you might be used to making. Of course, sometimes nothing beats a bowl of old fashioned chicken soup, but other times it is nice to try something different like this Cajun chicken soup. You can add some chili to this chicken soup if you want to spice it up a bit, else just serve it as it is with some hot sauce on the side in case anyone wants to add some.
The black beans make this chicken soup filling and satisfying, along with the other tasty ingredients, and this is such a simple soup to make. You just need to sauté the vegetables, add the other ingredients and let it simmer. This colorful Cajun style chicken soup recipe is delightful for any occasion and you could serve it as a filling lunch recipe, a warming dinner or even make it when friends come over. This is a recipe to show off and everyone who tastes it is going to love its amazing flavor. Cajun food is always good and never disappoints, so if you are looking for a flavorful alternative to the chicken noodle soup you usually rustle up, take a look at this recipe and check if you have all the ingredients, then you can prepare this delicious Cajun chicken soup to impress the whole family.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 chopped onion
- ½ cup water
- 12 oz beef sausage, in ½ inch slices
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, in strips
- 10½ oz can condensed chicken broth
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 14½ oz can stewed tomatoes
- 15 oz can black beans, not drained
- Combine the onion, carrots, bell pepper strips, garlic and oil in a big pan over a moderate heat.
- Sauté for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add the tomatoes in their liquid, the beans in their liquid, the water and broth.
- Bring the soup to a boil and add the sausage.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer, add the Cajun seasoning and cover the pot.
- Simmer the chicken soup for 15 minutes, stirring it a few times.
This is one of the most colorful and tempting chicken soup recipes ever and the carrots, red bell pepper and black beans add so much color and make this chicken soup recipe look really appetizing. This is a delicious soup and it will appeal to anybody who enjoys a Cajun flavor. Chicken soup recipes vary so much and in this recipe chicken soup is used as a base. The meatiness comes from the sausage slices. The chicken broth also adds flavor and the overall effect is very impressive. This chicken soup is great for chilly fall or winter evenings, when you fancy something rich, thick and delicious to warm you up.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357676 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)