Chicken and White Bean Soup
If you are wondering which kind of chicken soup to make, then what about chicken and white bean soup? The white beans are a high-fiber source of protein which are also low in fat. They are full of minerals including potassium and iron. Chicken is another healthy ingredient and three ounces of chicken gives you half your daily requirement of protein.
Chicken is rich in zinc and B vitamins and the fat in it in monounsaturated which is thought to lower your cholesterol. As well as being nutritious, this chicken soup with white beans is very flavorful. The tomato puree, vinegar, garlic and red pepper add a delicious taste and the cream adds a silkiness to the finished soup, making it luxurious and really soothing. This chicken soup recipe is simple to make and you just have to simmer all the ingredients until the chicken is done, making it one of our most easy chicken soup recipes.
This homemade chicken soup recipe is low in calories and fat, as well as having a wonderful flavor – no wonder chicken soup recipes like this one are so popular. If you fancy a bowl of something warming and flavorful, you cannot go wrong with this chicken and bean soup. This is one of the soups that kids seem to love as much as the grownups, and that applies whether your chicken soup is of the creamy variety or of the chunky vegetable variety. Kids love a nice homemade soup, especially when served with crusty bread they can dunk or tear into croutons. This is a very simple recipe to prepare and the ingredients are easy to find. Once you have gathered everything you need you can go ahead and prepare the soup, then get ready for a wonderful lunch or dinner.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons tomato concentrate
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 3 minced cloves garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ minced onion
- 15 oz can white beans
- 1½ tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Drain and rinse the white beans, then mash them.
- Stir them into the chicken broth.
- Add all the ingredients except the cream to a bit pot and bring the soup to a boil over a moderately high heat.
- Turn the heat down and simmer the soup until the chicken is done.
- Stir in the cream and serve with the parsley sprinkled on top.
This is a very wholesome looking chicken soup recipe and the combination of chicken, beans, onion, garlic and more make this a nutritious as well as highly flavorful soup. This makes a great lunch, dinner or supper and you can serve this chicken and bean soup with some crusty bread for dipping and for soaking up every last spoonful. Most of the flavor comes from the subtle garlic and parsley and you can really taste the wonderful chicken flavor in this clever soup recipe. If you are looking for a healthy recipe for soup, this one is highly recommended.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (358585 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90950 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52606 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41065 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26483 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23574 Views)