Colorful Chicken and Bell Pepper Soup
This tasty chicken soup recipe contains bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, basil, garlic and more for a real flavor explosion. If you like your chicken soup recipes to be tasty and full-flavored, you will enjoy this one. The mixture of vegetables makes it colorful and interesting and the lemon zest and juice goes really nicely with the chicken and the vegetables.
This is a great chicken soup recipe to make if you want a quick dinner which is nutritious and easy to make. You can use different bell peppers if you like, perhaps a yellow one and a red one instead of the orange and yellow peppers. Obviously these bell peppers have different flavors but some people like the sweetness of yellow bell peppers and other people like the more savory flavor of green peppers. It is up to you which you choose.
Feel free to increase the garlic and basil in this recipe for chicken soup if you prefer stronger tastes. Also, you could switch the potatoes for your favorite type of pasta or noodles if you want to make chicken noodle soup. If you want to do that, add the noodles ten minutes before the end of the cooking time or more, depending what kind of noodles you are using. Nice thick udon noodles would go well with this chicken soup to make a really filling chicken noodle soup recipe. Making it is very easy too – just a question of browning the chicken then adding it to a pot with the other ingredients and letting the soup simmer gently until everything is tender and the flavors have combined. The resulting soup will boast that charming homemade style along with plenty of nutrients in every spoonful.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 chopped yellow bell pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 diced onion
- 1 de-seeded, chopped tomato
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 peeled, cubed potatoes
- 8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Rub the garlic salt and black pepper over the chicken.
- Brown it in a soup pot in half the oil.
- Transfer the chicken to a bowl and add the rest of the oil and butter.
- Add the lemon zest, bell peppers, potatoes, tomato and mushrooms.
- Cook until the vegetables and potatoes are soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot, as well as the chicken.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
This is such a simple chicken soup recipe and, if you want to switch the potatoes for noodles, you can make this into a chicken noodle soup recipe. This delicious soup makes a wonderful lunch or dinner and it is bursting with nutritious ingredients, very colorful and appealing and suitable for anybody of any age. This simple soup recipe simply involves browning the chicken and then adding the rest of the ingredients and cooking everything until it is done. If you enjoy making homemade soup recipes and especially chicken soup recipes and chicken noodle soups, what about making this flavorful dish as a surprise for your family?
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (358916 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195563 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90953 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54669 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52607 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41072 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29449 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26483 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23575 Views)