Chicken Meatball Soup with Barley
This is one of our more unusual chicken soup recipes. Perhaps you are used to making chicken noodle soup or a traditional chicken soup recipe. This chicken meatball and barley soup is really flavorful and makes a nice change from other chicken soup recipes. The chicken meatballs are a tasty combination of chicken, onion, breadcrumbs, parmesan and more and the soup itself has onion, carrot and barley.
Barley is a tasty grain which goes well in soup and stew recipes. It has quite a long cooking time, when compared to pasta or rice, but it is worth using because it tastes wonderful and has a mouthwatering texture. This meatball chicken soup is hearty and filling and makes a satisfying dinner. The meatballs are baked and they come out moist and flavorful, yet they hold their shape in the soup.
If you fancy something deliciously different, this chicken meatball soup is nice to make. You might have made beef or pork meatballs but these chicken meatballs are also very tasty. They have a light and aromatic flavor and they go perfectly with the other flavors in this chicken soup recipe. This is an easy chicken soup to make and the results of this one are always great. Making this is simple. First you need to make the meatballs and then bake them in the oven. You can then prepare the soup and add the cooked meatballs shortly before the end of the cooking time. The result is something hearty enough to make a great lunch, or you could enjoy it as a warming evening meal. The lovely aroma of this cooking will spark up your appetite for sure.
- 3 cans chicken broth, 14 oz each
- 6 peeled, chopped carrots
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup raw barley
- Cooking spray, as needed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all the meatball ingredients together and form 48 meatballs.
- Spray cooking spray over a jelly roll pan and arrange the meatballs on it.
- Bake them for 20 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Add the broth and water to a big pot and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the barley and cook it for about 45 minutes or until it is tender.
- Add the carrots, onions and celery and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken meatballs and cook for a couple of minutes or until they are hot.
- Divide the meatballs between 8 bowls and pour the soup over the top.
- Sprinkle the parsley on top.
This flavorful chicken soup contains homemade chicken meatballs which make a change from the shredded chicken found in most chicken soup recipes. The meatballs are really good and the soup itself is simple but tasty and full of the best flavors. Meatballs are not difficult to make and homemade meatballs always have a great fresh flavor which everyone will love. Kids love meatballs as much as adults do, so if you don’t normally make dishes like this, why not make it for dinner tonight, just to make a change? The flavor of this soup is amazing and you will find it very simple to prepare as well.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (358115 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52604 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23571 Views)