Easy Chicken Soup Recipes
This is a very simple and basic chicken noodle soup recipe and you only need a few ingredients. If you have chicken, carrot, celery, noodles, bouillon, and seasoning to hand, you can create this easy chicken noodle soup easily and within an hour.
Since soups are often made from ingredients simmered in water for a while, there are plenty of easy soup recipes to choose from. Everybody loves at least one type of soup. Chicken noodle soup is particularly versatile because there are many different varieties to make and you can make the soups on the hob or in a slow cooker. You will need at least a four quart Dutch oven or pot for making the following basic chicken noodle soup receipe.
Feel free to use different vegetables if you like. Broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, corn, and peas are all good in easy soup recipes like this chicken noodle soup. If you are new to making soup, this is a wonderful recipe to start off with, because you simply throw everything in the pot and cook it, then take the bones out of the chicken. You could use cooked chicken but simmering a fryer chicken gives the soup a delicious chicken flavor, which is why we do it this way.
This recipe is part of our “Heart Healthy Diet Recipe” series.
One of Our Easy Chicken Soup Recipes
Summary: Basic and easy, this is a great chicken soup recipe for the beginner to attempt. You will be able to taste the chicken clearly, supported by the other delicate flavors.
- 1 fryer chicken, 2 ½ lbs – 3 lbs
- 8 carrots, chopped
- 8 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cups wide egg noodles
- 2 quarts water
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 chicken bouillon cubeses
- Add everything to a big Dutch oven or large pot except the egg noodles.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, and then cover the pot and simmer the soup for about 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Take the chicken out of the pot and cut it into 1 inch pieces, removing the bones as you go.
- Add the noodles to the pot and boil them in there for 20 minutes.
- Skim the fat off the surface of the soup, put the cooked chicken back in there and simmer for a few minutes, or until the chicken is hot again.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
You can see the yellow color of this soup and that is the natural color of chicken noodle soup because of the fat and flavors coming out of the bird. This is a very simple recipe, featuring chicken, celery, carrot and a few other ingredients, so if you fancy something basic yet very tasty, this is a good recipe to choose. It is nice and soothing whether you are feeling under the weather or trying to shift a cold, and it is also good as lunch or a light evening meal.
Leave a Reply
- What Makes Clam Chowder Recipes So Wonderfully Unique November 21, 2013
- Chicken and Noodles Recipe November 20, 2013
- Simple Chicken Soup Recipe November 18, 2013
- Clam Chowder Wars November 16, 2013
- How to Make Dumplings November 15, 2013
- Budget Crockpot Recipes November 12, 2013
- Fish Soup Recipe November 8, 2013
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (81384 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (53293 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (47328 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (30163 Views)
- Home (29843 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (19814 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (18758 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (18414 Views)
- Stew Articles (13685 Views)
- Different Types of Onions – A Complete Glossary (12210 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (11953 Views)
- Vibrant Orange and Carrot Soup (10004 Views)