Simple Chicken Soup Recipe
Here is a simple chicken soup recipe that you can make for your sick friends quickly. If you are a busy parent on the go and you need a quick and simple way to make chicken noodle here it is. Chicken noodle soup fills the belly and warms the soup. When you are sick or it’s cold outside there’s nothing better by the fireplace than a good bowl of chicken soup. Try this delicious simple chicken soup recipe.
Simple Chicken Noodle Soup
On a cold winter day you dress warm to keep the cold at bay so you will not get sick. However, it seems that try as you might someone still gets a cold, and when that happens you or someone else motions Chicken Noodle Soup. Have you ever wondered why? Just what is it about Chicken Noodle Soup and Colds?
Chicken Noodle Soup has a natural curative that practically stops a cod in its tracks, or at least makes them short lived. This is good news to use, but exactly what makes this wonderful soup a cold cure? It is widely believed that several ingredients combined together give this soup an almost natural curative ability. For instance, garlic and onion when cooked together with chicken and broth releases natural curative enzymes that when consumed give the body just the right amount of nutrients needed to fight of a cold.
Yet another belief is that it is the spices; oregano and basil that when cooked with the onion and garlic releases natural antibodies that fight the cold. No matter whether it is the chicken, broth and onion and garlic, or the spices with onion and garlic, the wonderful fact remains, Chicken noodle soup is the soup to keep colds at bay.
To make a wonderful but simple curative pot of chicken noodle soup for your family follow the easy steps below along with these ingredients. Chopped celery and onion, sliced carrots, dried-or fresh basil and oregano, egg noodles, chicken breast, chicken and vegetable broth, butter, salt and pepper to taste and you have a wonderful and healthy soup.
If you wish you can add some chopped garlic. Simmer slowly until vegetables are tender. Serve with fresh toasted baguettes topped with melted cheese of your choice and hot cups of lemon honey tea. Keep a pot of this delicious soup in the refrigerator so that your family can enjoy it throughout a long cold day.
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 4 cans chicken broth, 14½ oz each
- 14½ 5 oz can vegetable broth
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ lb chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1½ cups egg noodles
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Saute the onion and celery in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and the vegetable broth.
- Stir in the chicken, noodles, basil, oregano, carrots, salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then turn down the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
Who can resist a warming, comforting bowl of chicken soup? There are many varieties to choose from, but this recipe shows you how to combine your chicken and vegetables with egg noodles, oregano, and other enticing ingredients, and the result is excellent. Making it is a breeze too. Simply sauté your onion and celery, add the broth and other ingredients, then let the mixture simmer. After about 20 minutes your soup is ready to eat, and you are sure to enjoy the beautiful flavors it offers in every spoonful. Serve this with crusty bread if you wish, for added heartiness.
Photo Credit: Chicken Noodle by Debs (ò?ó)?, on Flickr
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357940 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23570 Views)