Chicken Curry Soup with Vegetables
Two of the best things in life are combined to make this chicken curry soup – the tasty flavors of Asia and the light, healthy elements found in vegetable soup which are good for the body and soothing for the mind. If you want to feed your family healthy food, consider this tasty chicken and vegetable curry soup. The delicious mix of ingredients promises a tasty dish and when chicken is combined with the vegetables and spices, this cannot fail to be an amazing meal. Curry is already amazing thanks to the wonderful combination of curry powder, ginger, garlic, onions, and typical curry spices, and when chicken is added you end up with something truly appealing.
Even if you are not really into Asian food you will find this tasty soup to be a change of pace from the usual chicken soup recipes we have in the West. Instead of sitting down to a heavy Indian curry served with bread and rice, this dish is a light soup which boasts all the curry flavors you want but without the heaviness associated with some curry recipes. The tasty, rich cuisine prized in the East is not difficult to make and you will be able to find all or most of the ingredients in your local grocery store. Failing that, head to an Asian grocery store and you will be able to pick up the rest. Add some white rice and you end up with a hearty, filling meal for all the family.
You can whip up this soup surprisingly fast and it is sure to be an instant success because of the chicken, vegetable, coconut, and spice flavors. Chicken vegetable soup is a more recent creation than the curries enjoyed throughout the ages, prized by everyone from peasants to emperors and maharajahs. A lot of people in the East would just add more water to leftover curry to stretch it out and make it last another day. Once this tasty dish arrived on Western shores we took it to our hearts and today there are many curry recipes from authentic ones to fusion ones and more. The best way to enjoy the chillier months is to make wonderful soups and sip these while the wind, snow and rain do their thing outside. You can make curry soup on the stove or in a crockpot if you prefer.
- 4 oz boneless chicken breast
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Fish sauce, to taste
- Lime juice, to taste
- 2 carrots
- ½ chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon curry paste (any kind)
- Pinch of curry powder
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- To begin, dice the onions and garlic, and put them in the bottom of your soup pot to fry with a bit of oil.
- Fry the onions until they are transparent, and chop the chicken into cubes.
- Add the cubes to the pot, and fry until white on the outside.
- Put the curry paste into the pot, and mix it into the pot.
- Cook it for half a minute or so, and add the chicken broth and coconut milk to the pot.
- Leave the heat on medium, and let the soup simmer for half an hour.
- Chop the cilantro and basil, and add them into the curry.
- Add some lime juice and fish sauce, and add the chopped ginger as well as a little curry powder.
- Chop the carrot and broccoli.
- Add the carrot 20 minutes before the soup is done.
- Add the bell pepper and broccoli 8 minutes before you take the soup off the stove.
- Now it is your choice whether you puree the soup to make it smooth or keep it chunky.
- Serve the soup with white rice if liked.
The simple chicken curry and vegetables recipe above will make a delicious soup which will become an instant hit with your family. Not only will the delicious curry flavor make it one of the best soups ever, but also you will find that the nutritious, low fat soup option will be the perfect food to help you keep your figure looking good. Enjoy the healthy, light soup as often as you want, and enjoy the delightful flavors of the Orient. You can use any kind of curry paste – Thai, Indian, spicy, mild – just use whatever you have. You can also mix up the vegetables if you want to use others.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357576 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)