Chicken and Mushroom Cream Soup
This chicken soup recipe combines chicken with mushrooms, leek, celery, cream and more for a really aromatic and flavorful chicken soup. You can omit the cream if you prefer a clear soup but it does add a very good flavor. Use any kind of mushrooms you like or a combination. Button mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, brown mushrooms and portobello mushrooms are all good. Cut them into slices if they are small or dice them if they are large. Serve this delicious chicken soup with bread for dunking.
If you have some mushrooms to use up, this is a really flavorful homemade chicken soup recipe to make with them. The earthy flavor of the mushrooms goes really nicely with all the other ingredients in this tasty and hearty chicken soup. If you prefer chicken noodle soup to plain chicken soup, add some noodles near the end, just after covering the pot, and cook the soup until the noodles are soft. You can use pasta or any kind of noodles for this. This is a healthy and filling homemade chicken soup recipe and one which is very simple to prepare.
You can freeze this chicken soup recipe if you like but, if you are going to do that, leave out the cream and fresh parsley. This is a very hearty soup. You can say that about many cream soups actually. One bowlful, even a smallish bowl, will leave you feeling happy and full. The protein, cream, vegetables, and other ingredients combine harmoniously to offer you a well-balanced and nutritious bowl of soup which tastes fantastic. Whether you are in the mood for comfort food or the weather is cold and you want to warm yourself up, or you are getting over a cold, whatever the reason actually, chicken soup is always the answer!
- 1 sliced leek
- 14 oz sliced mushrooms (any type)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 minced clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 diced rib celery
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 sliced green onions
- 1 lb diced boneless chicken breasts
- Black pepper, to taste
- Add the olive oil and butter to a big pot over a moderate to low heat.
- Add the leek, celery and chicken and cook until the chicken is almost done, stirring all the time.
- Add the mushrooms and keep cooking until they are tender.
- Add the flour, thyme and chicken broth and stir the mixture well.
- Bring the chicken soup to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and turn the heat down to low.
- Let it cook until the vegetables are soft.
- This should take about 12 minutes.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cream and heat the soup through.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley.
This creamy and flavorful chicken soup contains mushrooms, leek, celery and more, to give it plenty of body as well as lots of nutritional benefits. This is a satisfying soup. The splash of cream is optional but it does give this chicken soup a rich and luxurious texture. There are lots of different recipes for chicken soup and chicken noodle soup but this is one of the best ones. The ingredients are fresh and simple but the finished soup has a really complex and well balanced flavor and this is great for lunch, dinner or supper, served with some warm bread on the side.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (358786 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90951 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54669 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52607 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41067 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29442 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26483 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23574 Views)