Roasted Vegetable and Cream of Pumpkin Soup Recipe RCCL
The Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, or RCCL as it is often known as, offers a selection of delicious gourmet recipes every single day and night and a lot of people taste pumpkin soup for the first time on a cruise. Different cruise liners offer different standards, of course, but the cream of pumpkin soup recipe RCCL style is well worth making. Thousands of cruisers cannot be wrong about this wonderful soup.
The following recipe for pumpkin soup serves fifteen people so it is great for a dinner party. You can halve the ingredients if that is too much. The cream of pumpkin soup recipe in the RCCL recipe book probably serves about a hundred people so this one has more sensible quantities for home use rather than catering for a cruise ship! The recipe is scaled down but the flavor is not. You can expect the same wonderful taste you enjoyed on the ship.
Roasting the vegetables with the garlic before using them in the soup makes them extra rich and juicy, with a much more intense taste. You can vary the amount of garlic you use. Garlic goes nicely with most vegetable based soups but for a less intense flavor, just use two or three cloves instead of five in this cream of pumpkin soup recipe RCCL. This recipe offers a more savory flavor than some other pumpkin soups which are made with sugar. Pumpkin is naturally sweet, especially if you use the fresh kind and roast it before incorporating into the soup, so the soup will still be sweet, just not overly so.
- ½ lb onions, quartered
- 2½ quarts chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1⅔ cups half and half
- 3½ tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, halved
- 1¼ lbs roasted pumpkin puree
- 6 oz chopped leeks
- 1¼ tablespoon chicken base
- Ground nutmeg, for garnish
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Roast the leek, garlic and onions in the oil for 30 to 45 minutes, then puree them in a blender.
- Bring the pumpkin puree, broth, pureed vegetables and chicken base to a boil, then let it simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the half and half and season the soup with salt and pepper.
- Garnish the soup with a swirl of heavy cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
This delicious pumpkin soup is the same recipe as you can experience about a Royal Caribbean cruise ship, rich in amazing flavor. You can garnish it with cream and a sprig of fresh herbs like we have done here, or else swap the herbs for a sprinkling of nutmeg. Either way is good. This soup recipe makes enough to serve 15 people but you can halve it if you wish. Consider this recipe if you want to enjoy something special at Halloween or if you want to bring back something reminiscent of your cruise vacation.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357995 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23570 Views)