4 Ingredient Potato Soup
With only 4 ingredients this has to be one of the easiest potato soup recipes there is, so it is well worth keeping this recipe handy. It is cheap and cheerful, rich and delicious. This fantastic soup can be served with fresh baked bread or biscuits, or you can enjoy it just as it is for a simple, warming dish which is ideal for lunch or served as an evening meal.
You can make it ahead and then take it with you to work in a thermos, or else warm it in the microwave if your office has one. Your coworkers are going to be really jealous when they see you eating this and they only have their usual boring sandwiches. Try double or tripling the recipe, or adding extra ingredients like cheese or bacon if you wish. It is up to you how much cream you are going to add because some people like a lot while others just want to add a dash. It really depends if you want a thick or thin soup.
I love making tasty hot soup on a cold winter day and this is one of the easiest to prepare. It is very comforting when the weather is not very good and it warms you from the inside out. The aroma of the soup on the stove seems to call my family from across the house and everyone appears in the kitchen to find out what the amazing smell is. All you need to make this are potatoes, celery, onion and cream. Add a touch of salt and black pepper and that is all you need to make this easy 4 ingredient potato soup. Our recipe shows you how to blend the ingredients to make the finished soup. Sometimes I like to add chopped ham or crisp crumbled bacon. A sprinkling of chives is also good, and you might also like to consider a little garlic in there, but only a little so as not to overpower the other flavors in the soup.
- 6 big potatoes
- 1½ chopped yellow onions
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Peel and chop the potatoes then put them in a pot with the celery and onions.
- Add enough water to nearly (but not quite) cover everything.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then turn down the heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Use a potato masher to break up some of the potatoes.
- Add cream, using less or more perhaps, depending how thick you want the soup.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Your family will love this amazingly simple potato soup recipe and any variation you choose to implement will only make this soup more uniquely yours, so throw in some garlic or crumbled bacon if you wish, and consider the attractive chive garnish. In today’s economy we can never have enough simple but nutritious menu ideas and soup is the easiest to work with. One big pot of soup can easily feed a family of 4 with enough left over to have a second helping if they so choose. You cannot go wrong when making a pot of hot delicious soup and this is a recipe you will want to make again and again.
More Than 135 Light, Healthy, Delicious and Beautiful Soups in 60 Minutes or Less
by Camilla V. Saulsbury
Boasting more than 150 delicious soup recipes, you will find yourself turning to this hardcover book time and time again, whenever you are in the mood for a classic soup, a way to use up whichever ingredients you want to use, or a brand new idea for a flavorful soup the family is going to love. Try the West African peanut soup if you want something smooth and creamy, or the green chicken chowder for something hearty and warming. Exotic Asian soups, trendy butternut bisque, vegetarian delights, Italian minestrone, and low-fat soups are just some of your options, but there are far too many to list here. Reviewers love this book because it is packed with so many wonderful soup ideas and you are not going to run out of soup options. The recipes are down to earth, delicious and the ingredients are easy to source too. Each recipe has been extensively tested and nothing has more than 10 grams of fat per serving. The soups are categorized so you can quickly find the perfect recipe, whether you are searching by prep time, ingredients, cuisine, or calories. This is a definite must-have if you are into making homemade soups because every single one is tasty, simple to make and sure to become a firm family favorite.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357353 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195559 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90935 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41060 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40863 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23566 Views)