Cream of Potato Soup with Bacon
Bacon, onion, chicken broth, and cream are used in this potato soup recipe to bring out the wonderful flavor of the potatoes used to make it. This cream of potato soup recipe is easy to make and you will find that crockpot potato soup has a wonderfully blended flavor and an unmistakable richness, like with many other crockpot soup recipes. You can serve this creamy potato soup with crusty bread and butter.
Dill is used in this cream of potato soup recipe for flavoring. Dill is a mild flavored herb, which complements many creamy fish or white meat recipes, and it goes perfectly with many potato soup recipes too. Some fresh parsley is used to garnish this creamy potato soup before serving but if you do not have any you can leave it off if you want. This is a very creamy soup, which is nice with the potatoes, since the creaminess is soothing and comforting, not to mention really delicious.
Be careful not to over-salt this potato soup recipe because the bacon will add quite a bit of saltiness to it, as will the chicken broth, unless you choose a sodium-free variety. It is easier to add extra salt than to take out too much salt, so leave the seasoning to the end if you are using salty broth. This is such a smooth, creamy, and delicious soup that it makes a wonderful dinner any time you fancy something warming and hearty. If you enjoy making crockpot appetizer recipes, crockpot dessert recipes or 4 ingredient crockpot recipes, why not try this potato soup recipe next?
- 4 peeled, diced potatoes
- 1 peeled, diced carrot
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 6 slices bacon, in ½ inch pieces
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups Half & Half
- 2 cups water
- 21 oz chicken broth
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Sauté the onion and bacon in a skillet until the onions are tender and the bacon is browned.
- Drain off the fat and put the onions and bacon in the crockpot.
- Stir in the water, potatoes, broth, dill weed, salt, carrot, and black pepper.
- Cover the crockpot and cook for 6 or 7 hours on low, stirring the soup occasionally.
- Whisk the Half & Half with the flour and stir this mixture into the soup with the evaporated milk.
- Cover the crockpot and cook for half an hour more.
- Serve garnished with the fresh parsley.
As you can see from the picture, this tasty cream of potato soup recipe is rich in vegetables and topped with fresh parsley which adds flavor as well as aroma and color. This easy crockpot recipe proves that crockpot soups are simple to make and another great thing about slow cooker soup recipes is that the ingredients blend really well in the crockpot and the soup comes out really tasty. A lot of crockpot soup recipes are quite basic and cost just a few cents to make, but they have an amazing flavor. This is one of the most easy crockpot recipes and the chicken broth, bacon and other ingredients go amazingly well with the potato flavor.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357899 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23570 Views)