Easy Cream of Potato Soup Recipe
If you like easy grilled vegetables recipes, you will love this one. The potatoes are parboiled and then grilled to make them juicy and give them a subtle smoky flavor. Then all the ingredients are combined, pureed and the cream of potato soup is ready to serve. A quick and easy creamy potato soup recipe like this one is suitable even for beginner cooks. This is a tasty and thick soup, which makes a hearty lunch, especially when served with some warm bread on the side for dunking. Easy recipes often taste just as good as complicated ones and this cream of potato soup recipe proves that.
You might wonder just how much flavor a six ingredient soup recipe can have but you will be pleasantly surprised at the results of this cream of potato soup recipe because the milk, butter, and parsley are all you need to enhance the potato flavor. Plus grilling the potatoes gives them a beautiful smoky flavor and brings out their natural taste. Since potatoes are the main ingredient in this creamy potato soup, choose good quality ones. Cheaper potatoes might be fine for making mashed potatoes but if you want the nicest tasting cream of potato soup, use red potatoes or another flavorful variety.
Serve this tasty soup with some warm, crusty bread for dunking, if you want to. Obviously, bread is full of carbohydrates, like potatoes, so this would make the soup more filling. If you are serving this as an appetizer, rather than as an entree or for lunch, you might prefer to forego the bread because it can be too filling otherwise.
- 6 peeled potatoes, in thick slices
- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 stick butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil or parsley to garnish
- Parboil the potato slices in water for 10 minutes, then drain them and arrange them on a medium hot grill.
- They will be cooked in 5 or 10 minutes.
- Put the grilled potatoes back in the pan with the milk, parsley, and butter and heat everything up gently.
- Simmer the soup for 5 minutes and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Puree it in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Season to taste. Divide between 4 serving bowls and decorate each one with coarsely ground black pepper and a sprig of fresh basil or parsley.
This hearty cream of potato soup recipe is great comfort food. The recipe might look simple but do not let that put you off because the soup itself is bursting with flavor and tastes phenomenal. Grilled soups are often quite easy to make but remember that it is the grilling process, which brings out all the best vegetable flavor and makes the soup as tasty as it is. This creamy potato soup will appeal to the whole family and you can see from the photo that a simple fresh herb garnish is all you need to finish it off perfectly.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (366225 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195580 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (91097 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54681 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52676 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41140 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40876 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29563 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26517 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23599 Views)