Golden Potato Soup with American Cheese
This delicious soup recipe is going to blow you away. If it is cold outside and you are in need of comfort food, choose this recipe and you will not regret it. The nutrition it offers is important but what will get you first is the aroma and flavor, because this one is special and perhaps it is your first potato and cheese soup, or at least the first one you make.
Not only is this a good potato soup but it also contains plenty of American cheese which makes it thick, rich and an appealing color too. If you are not really a soup fan because it never seems to fill you up and you get hungry a couple hours after finishing a bowl, you have not tried the right soup recipes. Give this filling potato and cheese soup a try and you will see what I mean, because not only is it simple to put together but it is sure to leave you feeling completely satisfied.
To make it, you will need potato, onion, bouillon, celery, ham, cheese, milk and some parsley, along with a little flour to thicken it up. This is a really versatile recipe and you might wish to throw in some other veggies like peas, green beans or carrots. Chopped bell peppers would add more color as well as some extra vitamins so if you have them feel free to add them into the soup. When I make this the family loves it and there is never any soup left in the pot. I have lots of soup recipes but this is one I make often because everyone likes it so much. It is old-fashioned, wholesome, and the combination of filling potatoes and creamy, tasty cheese is simply amazing. Soup is good for your family and this one will keep them warm, satisfied and happy until their next meal.
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups shredded American cheese
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham or cooked ground beef
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1½ cups milk
- Put the potatoes, onion, chicken bouillon, water, celery, and parsley flakes in a pot.
- Add a little salt and pepper then simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine the flour with the milk, then add this to the soup and cook until the soup gets thick.
- Stir in the cheese and ham (or ground beef) and simmer until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
This bright yellow soup is sunny yellow and instantly appealing. Boasting potatoes and cheese, as well as other ingredients, a bowl of this is sure to put a smile on anyone’s face. The flavor is great and this can be your go-to recipe for the cooler months when you want something not only tasty and hearty but also warming, something that will take the initial chill off and make you feel good. Perhaps you are under the weather and craving comfort food, in which case this cheesy potato soup makes a wonderful choice, and it is simple to prepare.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357943 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23570 Views)