Grilled Potato Soup with Carrots and Broccoli
This is one of the very best potato soup recipes to make if you like rich and hearty soup recipes. Carrots, celery, and broccoli also feature in this recipe and the potatoes, carrots, onion, and celery are grilled in foil packets before going into the soup. This soup is simply seasoned with garlic, salt and black pepper but feel free to add some curry powder, mixed herbs or anything else you fancy if you want a different flavor. This soup is warming and healthy and cooking the majority of the vegetables together on the grill means you do not have to have lots of pots and pans simmering on the stove, making the cleanup afterwards quicker and easier too.
Some vegetables get really juicy when you grill them, as the juices flow to the surface. Think of carrots and zucchini doing this. Potatoes grill in a slightly different way and rather than become juicy as such, they take on a nice smoky taste if you use a charcoal grill. In the following recipe, the potatoes are grilled with the carrots in foil packets so if you want a smoky flavor you can cook them over the smoke for the final five minutes instead of in the foil the whole time. If you are using a gas grill, it makes no difference.
This mixed vegetable soup is pureed before you serve it, which combines all the different vegetable flavors nicely. The milk adds a creaminess and the garlic and bay leaves add a hint of flavor. Most of the flavor, of course, comes from the grilled vegetables themselves.
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Divide the potatoes and carrots between 2 squares of heavy duty foil or double layered regular foil.
- Top with the butter, celery, and onions and wrap tightly.
- Cook on a medium hot grill for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are soft.
- Be careful when you open the packets because the steam inside will be very hot.
- Sauté the broccoli and garlic in some butter in a saucepan for a few minutes and add the bay leaves and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook until the broccoli is soft.
- Add the grilled vegetables to the soup and mix well.
- Use a hand blender or potato masher to puree the soup.
- Add the milk and gently warm it up.
- Season and serve.
This is the best potato soup to make if you like to use a variety of grilled vegetables in your soup recipes. This pureed soup is rich, creamy, and full of nutrients. Perhaps you are familiar with grilled vegetables recipes like vegetable kabobs or vegetable salad recipes, so making a grilled vegetable soup should be easy for you as well. If the weather is bad, you can always use an indoor grill to make this delicious potato soup recipe. It is too good to miss out on just because of the rain!
Leave a Reply
- Taste of Manila Chicken Tinola January 21, 2016
- Chili-Chocolate Venison Goulash January 19, 2016
- Lemon and Bean Soup with Rosemary November 18, 2015
- Crockpot Irish Lamb and Barley Stew November 17, 2015
- Slow Cooker Corn Chowder with Bacon November 16, 2015
- Winter Vegetable Orzo Soup November 15, 2015
- Gourmet Strawberry Gazpacho November 14, 2015
- Crockpot Italian Tomato Soup with Pasta November 13, 2015
- Mint and Cucumber Soup November 12, 2015
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195029 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (88178 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54424 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (51577 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40461 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (39766 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (27541 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (25723 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (21907 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (19632 Views)