The Best Crockpot Potato Soup Recipes
Potato and leek soup is a classic winter warmer recipe and this is one of the best crockpot recipes if you like comfort food. This is one of the most vegetable rich crockpot soups, containing potatoes, leek, onion, and cabbage. The chicken broth is a tasty base and the bacon adds flavor. Like other crockpot potato soup recipes, this one is delicious served with some homemade croutons. You do not have to use croutons if you do not want to, but they do add a wonderful crunch and you can make your own or buy them.
Whole wheat croutons are good with this crockpot soup recipe but you can make them from white bread if you prefer it. The crockpot is a wonderfully handy kitchen appliance for soup making because once the ingredients are in there, the soup cooks itself without needing to be watched or stirred. This is probably the reason why most people buy slow cookers – because they make life so simple!
This is one of the easiest crockpot soup recipes because you just need to add the ingredients to the crockpot and let it cook all day, adding the sour cream and bacon at the end. Easy crockpot soup recipes like this one are great because if you really don’t feel like cooking you can just spend a couple of minutes adding ingredients to the slow cooker and then forget about the dish all day long, safe in the knowledge that you will have one of the best potato soup recipes hot, thick and perfectly cooked, just waiting for you when you get in.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups chopped cabbage
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 12 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 leek, pale green and white part only, diced
- Combine the potatoes, leek, cabbage, onions, parsley, carrots, and broth in a bowl and pour this mixture into the crockpot.
- Stir in the caraway seeds, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Combine some of the hot liquid from the crockpot with the sour cream and add this mixture to the crockpot.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon.
- Taste the soup and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
The rich yellow color of this makes it one of the nicest looking potato soup recipes every. The croutons and bacon add crunch and the combination of potatoes, leeks, onion and various herbs and spices make it mouthwatering. If you fancy some real comfort food, think about making some crockpot soup recipes. This is one, which you will want to make time and time again, because it is so simple and so wonderful to eat. The whole family will enjoy this and it is also quite a nutritious soup because of the vegetable content.
Leave a Reply
- Kid-Friendly Chicken and Bean Soup September 2, 2014
- Slow-Cooked Thai Salmon Soup September 1, 2014
- Chinese Duck Soup with Noodles August 31, 2014
- Pumpkin Soup Chinese Recipe August 30, 2014
- Gourmet Recipe for Hot and Sour Chinese Soup August 29, 2014
- Chinese Sweet Soup with Papaya Recipe August 28, 2014
- Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup August 27, 2014
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (82432 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (53533 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (47737 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (32346 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (20160 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (19020 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (18618 Views)
- Stew Articles (13790 Views)
- Different Types of Onions – A Complete Glossary (12788 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (12070 Views)