The Best Crockpot Potato Soup Recipes
Potato and leek soup is a classic winter warmer recipe and this is one of the best crockpot recipes if you like comfort food. This is one of the most vegetable rich crockpot soups, containing potatoes, leek, onion, and cabbage. The chicken broth is a tasty base and the bacon adds flavor. Like other crockpot potato soup recipes, this one is delicious served with some homemade croutons. You do not have to use croutons if you do not want to, but they do add a wonderful crunch and you can make your own or buy them.
Whole wheat croutons are good with this crockpot soup recipe but you can make them from white bread if you prefer it. The crockpot is a wonderfully handy kitchen appliance for soup making because once the ingredients are in there, the soup cooks itself without needing to be watched or stirred. This is probably the reason why most people buy slow cookers – because they make life so simple!
This is one of the easiest crockpot soup recipes because you just need to add the ingredients to the crockpot and let it cook all day, adding the sour cream and bacon at the end. Easy crockpot soup recipes like this one are great because if you really don’t feel like cooking you can just spend a couple of minutes adding ingredients to the slow cooker and then forget about the dish all day long, safe in the knowledge that you will have one of the best potato soup recipes hot, thick and perfectly cooked, just waiting for you when you get in.
Potato and Leek Slow Cooker Soup with Bacon
Summary: Chicken, cabbage, bacon and sour cream are added to the potatoes for a delicious flavor and rich texture. This excellent potato soup slow-cooks to perfection in the crockpot.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups chopped cabbage
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 12 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 leek, pale green and white part only, diced
- Combine the potatoes, leek, cabbage, onions, parsley, carrots, and broth in a bowl and pour this mixture into the crockpot.
- Stir in the caraway seeds, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Combine some of the hot liquid from the crockpot with the sour cream and add this mixture to the crockpot.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon.
- Taste the soup and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
The rich yellow color of this makes it one of the nicest looking potato soup recipes every. The croutons and bacon add crunch and the combination of potatoes, leeks, onion and various herbs and spices make it mouthwatering. If you fancy some real comfort food, think about making some crockpot soup recipes. This is one, which you will want to make time and time again, because it is so simple and so wonderful to eat. The whole family will enjoy this and it is also quite a nutritious soup because of the vegetable content.
Leave a Reply
- What Makes Clam Chowder Recipes So Wonderfully Unique November 21, 2013
- Chicken and Noodles Recipe November 20, 2013
- Simple Chicken Soup Recipe November 18, 2013
- Clam Chowder Wars November 16, 2013
- How to Make Dumplings November 15, 2013
- Budget Crockpot Recipes November 12, 2013
- Fish Soup Recipe November 8, 2013
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (81311 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (53271 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (47321 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (30055 Views)
- Home (29749 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (19778 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (18733 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (18403 Views)
- Stew Articles (13683 Views)
- Different Types of Onions – A Complete Glossary (12150 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (11934 Views)
- Vibrant Orange and Carrot Soup (9984 Views)