Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Potato soup is always popular and, with this creamy sweet potato soup recipe, we are using sweet potatoes rather than regular potatoes. You can use yams instead if you prefer or even a combination of regular potatoes and sweet ones. You might have made baked potato soup or sauteed potato soup before but grilling the sweet potatoes brings the natural sweetness and juiciness to the forefront and gives a great result. The ginger gives this sweet potato soup recipe a hint of Eastern flavor and it contrasts well with the potatoes, adding a nice taste to the soup.
This is a great recipes for outdoor grilled vegetables because the grill also brings out the flavor in the onion and ginger. If you do not like sun-dried tomatoes, you can garnish this soup with some grated cheese or simply just with the fresh parsley. Feel free to adapt this dish any way you like. Substituting ingredients in grilled soup recipes means that you can fine-tune them closer to your personal taste. Perhaps you fancy adding extra cayenne or trying lemon juice instead of the lime juice.
The lime juice counters the sweetness of the sweet potatoes in this potato soup recipe and the cayenne pepper and allspice add a touch of spice, which livens up the recipe and brings out the wonderful fresh vegetable flavors. This is a warming recipe and it is ideal for any season. This potato soup is filling enough for lunch or as an entree. Alternatively, you could serve smaller portions and use it as an appetizer.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 red onion
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- ¼ cup Half & Half
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Chopped sun-dried tomatoes to garnish
- Chop the sweet potatoes into ½ inch rounds and chop the onion the same way.
- Peel the ginger but do not chop it.
- Grill the sweet potatoes, onion, and ginger over a medium heat for 6 minutes per side, and then chop the ginger finely.
- Add the ginger, potatoes, onion, cayenne and allspice to a saucepan, bring to the boil then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let the soup cool for 15 minutes then blend it until it is smooth.
- Add the half and half, lime juice, parsley, zest, and heat up.
- Serve garnished with the parsley and sun-dried tomatoes.
This delicious potato soup recipe is really good and if you have tried baked potato soup, you will love this grilled version. This is a smooth soup because it is pureed and then made creamier with the addition of Half & Half. The sun-dried tomato topping adds color and flavor and the sweetness of the sun-dried tomatoes goes well with the sweet potato flavor. This is a very simple potato soup recipe and you simply need to grill the vegetables, bring the soup to a boil, puree it, and garnish it. If you are looking for an easy grilled soup recipe, this one is ideal.
2 Responses to Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (366198 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195577 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (91097 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54681 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52672 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41138 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40876 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29561 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26517 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23596 Views)