Grilled Sweet Potato Soup with Vegetables
This is a wonderful sweet potato soup, which is a nice appetizer before a grilled fish or chicken dinner. You can serve it with sourdough or cornbread. This is a vegetable rich soup and contains corn kernels, tomatoes and onion as well as the sweet potatoes.
You can use either sweet potatoes or yams, whichever are available. The curry powder, turmeric, and garlic add a subtle curry flavor to this tasty dish. This is a great recipe for outdoor grilled vegetables if you like fresh flavored soup recipes too because this healthy, nutritious recipe blends the tastiest grilled vegetables with soup ingredients to make a truly delicious appetizer.
Rich-colored and full-flavored, grilled sweet potato soup makes such a nice treat, especially if you do not often make homemade soups. Grilled veggies are always good, no matter whether you serve them as they are or add them to a soup, salad or another dish. You could serve a bowl of this for lunch with croutons or bread, or offer smaller portions of it for an appetizer. Sweet potatoes are always fantastic in soup because they add body, sweetness and combine so well with other ingredients whether you use other sweet ones like pumpkin or carrot, or something more savory like leek or onion. Try this soup and you will definitely fall in love with the smooth texture and unbelievable flavor.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 10 oz drained canned corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cored and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- Toss the onion, tomato, corn, sweet potato and corn kernels with olive oil and set up your grill with wet smoking chips.
- Arrange the vegetables on the grill, on the tray with holes, cover and grill over a medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes. If you do not have a tray with holes, use a grilling basket.
- Combine the grilled vegetables with the other ingredients, except the salt and pepper, in a big saucepan and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Simmer slowly for 15 minutes, then puree in batches in your blender or food processor.
- Season to taste and serve hot.
A Picture of our Grilled Sweet Potato Soup with Vegetables – You can smell the sweet potatoes roasting on the grill now. Grilled sweet potato brings out the natural sugar in the sweet potatoes and delivers a wonderful slightly smoky flavor to this grilled vegetable soup.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357848 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23569 Views)