Homemade Pumpkin Soup Recipe in a Pumpkin Soup Tureen
If you have tasted a store bought pumpkin soup, make a canned pumpkin soup recipe or taken other short cuts to get the flavor of this tasty dish, you are going to love the following recipe because everything is made from scratch. There are no canned pumpkin purees or canned soups in this recipe. There really is a world of difference between making recipes for creamy pumpkin soups with fresh ingredients and taking short cuts and the following recipe is one of the very best pumpkin soups you can make.
The Tastiest Pumpkin Soup Ingredients
This mouthwatering homemade pumpkin soup is created with the finest, freshest ingredients including fresh pumpkin, juicy apple, onion, sage, butter and more. On top or on the side you can serve home baked croutons for mouthwatering flavor and crunch. Feel free to sprinkle some herbs or spices over the croutons before baking them. Pretty much anything you fancy adds to the flavor and you can use ginger and nutmeg to complement the pumpkin or dried parsley or sage for a herby taste.
A hint of sage, curry powder, and nutmeg is enough to add subtle flavoring to this pumpkin soup recipe without overpowering the pumpkin flavor. The apple adds sweetness and, if you like, you could also add some sweet potato or yam. This pumpkin soup is pureed for a creamy, velvety finish and the topping is a classic dollop of cream and some fresh parsley.
Delicious Pumpkin Soup with Apple and Sage
Summary: Pumpkin soup does not get better than this rich, creamy, delicious recipe, which features pumpkin and apple, as well as nutmeg, curry powder and more, for an amazing flavor.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 pints low salt chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 lb cubed fresh pumpkin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup peeled, chopped sweet cooking apple
- ¾ tablespoon dried rubbed sage
- 4 thick slices bread
- 4 sprigs parsley, for garnish
- Heavy cream, for garnish
- Melt 2 teaspoons of the butter in a Dutch oven or heavy pot over a medium heat and sauté the onion for 3 minutes. Add the curry powder, sage, and nutmeg and cook for half a minute. Stir in the flour and cook for another half a minute.
- Add the tomato paste, broth, and salt. Stir the pumpkin soup well with a whisk.
- Stir in the apple and pumpkin and bring the soup to a boil Cover, turn down the heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Stir the soup occasionally.
- Use the rest of the butter to butter the bread on one side, and then cut it into ½ inch cubes. Spread the croutons on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until dry and crisp.
- Puree the soup in a food processor or blender until smooth, then return it to the Dutch oven and add the milk.
- Cook until everything is hot, and then serve the pumpkin soup in 4 individual soup bowls, garnished with the cream, parsley, and croutons.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
You can see how serving pumpkin soup in a pumpkin tureen gives it plenty of charm. This tasty soup blends a variety of fresh ingredients with spices and seasonings, and it is finished off with crunchy croutons, heavy cream and parsley sprigs as a garnish. This is an appealing soup which kids and adults will love, and it is a nice bright orange color, which makes it look even more tempting. Enjoy the flavorful soup for lunch or dinner, perhaps even as an appetizer before the main dish if you serve it in smaller portions.
Current average ratings.
One Response to Homemade Pumpkin Soup Recipe in a Pumpkin Soup Tureen
Leave a Reply
- Simple Chicken Stew Recipe in a Crock Pot
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- The Best French Onion Soup Tuscan Style
- Cream of Pumpkin Soup Recipe with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Easy 5 Ingredient Cream of Asparagus Soup
- An Old Fashioned Oxtail Stew Recipe
- Mixed Seafood Chowder with Crumbled Bacon
- Easy Recipe for How to Make Rabbit Stew
- Czech Potato Soup with Mushrooms
- Chicken Soup with Homemade Egg Noodles
- Insider Secrets to Storing Onions
- What to Do With Stew Meat Besides Stew
- How to Thicken Potato Soup
- How to Caramelize Onions Like a Pro
- The Best French Onion Soup Cheese
- Five Common French Onion Soup Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- How to Brown Stew Meat
- How Long is Potato Soup Good?
- The History of Onion Soup - The History of French Onion Soup
- How to Choose the Best Stock Pots
- What Makes Clam Chowder Recipes So Wonderfully Unique November 21, 2013
- Chicken and Noodles Recipe November 20, 2013
- Simple Chicken Soup Recipe November 18, 2013
- Clam Chowder Wars November 16, 2013
- How to Make Dumplings November 15, 2013
- Budget Crockpot Recipes November 12, 2013
- Fish Soup Recipe November 8, 2013
- Alphabet Soup Recipe November 7, 2013
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe November 7, 2013
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (72048 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (39150 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (29619 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (24856 Views)
- Home (22732 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (17124 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (16877 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (15921 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (9851 Views)
- Vibrant Orange and Carrot Soup (8867 Views)