Simple Slow Cooker Recipe Pumpkin Soup
This is a very easy pumpkin soup recipe and if you are looking for a crockpot pumpkin soup recipe this one is great. You can make extra and freeze it if you like but if you want to do this, leave out the milk. You can add it to the soup after thawing it out. You might like to make a note to leave with the soup in the freezer that it needs some milk added to it when defrosted.
The roasted walnuts add a nutty crunch, which contrasts well with the smooth, silky pumpkin soup. Walnuts add a gourmet touch and you can drizzle a little walnut oil over the finished soup if you want to. This is actually quite a basic pumpkin soup recipe and little touches like the cloves in the onion and the ham bones add a richer and deeper flavor. You do not have to use bones, of course, but they do add a richness of flavor to the soup. Beef bones work just as well as ham bones in this pumpkin soup recipe but remember to remove them before adding the soup to the food processor unless you want to break it!
If you like to make different recipes for creamy pumpkin soups this one will not disappoint you. If you have a crockpot, why not make this delicious and classic pumpkin soup for your family one evening this week? Serve it with some crusty bread for dunking and you have everything you need for a wonderful supper. Use a pumpkin themed soup tureen set to make it even more fun.
Creamy Crockpot Soup with Pumpkin and Onion
Summary: An unusual pumpkin soup recipe, this one features cloves and ham bones to add a special touch to the soup. It is cooked in the crockpot for the perfect flavor.
- 2 lb pumpkin, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves
- 1 oz butter
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup milk
- Ham bones (optional)
- Roasted walnut halves, for garnish
- Peel the onion and stick the cloves into it.
- Put the butter and pumpkin in the crockpot and set it to cook on high.
- When the butter has melted, stir it to coat the pumpkin and cook it for an hour on high. Add the clove-studded onion, salt, bones if you are using them, sugar and broth. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours on high or 8 to 9 hours on low.
- Remove the onion and bones and discard them.
- Puree the soup using a hand blender or food processor.
- Add the milk (unless you are freezing it) until the soup is the right consistency.
- Serve with roasted walnuts halves as a garnish.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
This creamy soup is an excellent choice if you are looking for a slow cooker recipe for pumpkin soup because you are going to be out of the house all day. You can cook it on a low or high crockpot setting, depending how many hours you are going to be out and when you get home you will have this delicious, creamy pumpkin soup recipe all ready to serve. You simply need to add some roasted walnuts and maybe a dollop of cream and serve it to your hungry family. You can add as much or as little milk as you like, depending if you want it thick or thin.
Leave a Reply
- What Makes Clam Chowder Recipes So Wonderfully Unique November 21, 2013
- Chicken and Noodles Recipe November 20, 2013
- Simple Chicken Soup Recipe November 18, 2013
- Clam Chowder Wars November 16, 2013
- How to Make Dumplings November 15, 2013
- Budget Crockpot Recipes November 12, 2013
- Fish Soup Recipe November 8, 2013
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (81446 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (53306 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (47342 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (30211 Views)
- Home (29928 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (19844 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (18781 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (18432 Views)
- Stew Articles (13691 Views)
- Different Types of Onions – A Complete Glossary (12251 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (11962 Views)
- Vibrant Orange and Carrot Soup (10028 Views)