Simple Slow Cooker Recipe Pumpkin Soup
This is a very easy pumpkin soup recipe and if you are looking for a crockpot pumpkin soup recipe this one is great. You can make extra and freeze it if you like but if you want to do this, leave out the milk. You can add it to the soup after thawing it out. You might like to make a note to leave with the soup in the freezer that it needs some milk added to it when defrosted.
The roasted walnuts add a nutty crunch, which contrasts well with the smooth, silky pumpkin soup. Walnuts add a gourmet touch and you can drizzle a little walnut oil over the finished soup if you want to. This is actually quite a basic pumpkin soup recipe and little touches like the cloves in the onion and the ham bones add a richer and deeper flavor. You do not have to use bones, of course, but they do add a richness of flavor to the soup. Beef bones work just as well as ham bones in this pumpkin soup recipe but remember to remove them before adding the soup to the food processor unless you want to break it!
If you like to make different recipes for creamy pumpkin soups this one will not disappoint you. If you have a crockpot, why not make this delicious and classic pumpkin soup for your family one evening this week? Serve it with some crusty bread for dunking and you have everything you need for a wonderful supper. Use a pumpkin themed soup tureen set to make it even more fun.
- 2 lb pumpkin, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves
- 1 oz butter
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup milk
- Ham bones (optional)
- Roasted walnut halves, for garnish
- Peel the onion and stick the cloves into it.
- Put the butter and pumpkin in the crockpot and set it to cook on high.
- When the butter has melted, stir it to coat the pumpkin and cook it for an hour on high. Add the clove-studded onion, salt, bones if you are using them, sugar and broth. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours on high or 8 to 9 hours on low.
- Remove the onion and bones and discard them.
- Puree the soup using a hand blender or food processor.
- Add the milk (unless you are freezing it) until the soup is the right consistency.
- Serve with roasted walnuts halves as a garnish.
This creamy soup is an excellent choice if you are looking for a slow cooker recipe for pumpkin soup because you are going to be out of the house all day. You can cook it on a low or high crockpot setting, depending how many hours you are going to be out and when you get home you will have this delicious, creamy pumpkin soup recipe all ready to serve. You simply need to add some roasted walnuts and maybe a dollop of cream and serve it to your hungry family. You can add as much or as little milk as you like, depending if you want it thick or thin.
Leave a Reply
- Taste of Manila Chicken Tinola January 21, 2016
- Chili-Chocolate Venison Goulash January 19, 2016
- Lemon and Bean Soup with Rosemary November 18, 2015
- Crockpot Irish Lamb and Barley Stew November 17, 2015
- Slow Cooker Corn Chowder with Bacon November 16, 2015
- Winter Vegetable Orzo Soup November 15, 2015
- Gourmet Strawberry Gazpacho November 14, 2015
- Crockpot Italian Tomato Soup with Pasta November 13, 2015
- Mint and Cucumber Soup November 12, 2015
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195029 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (88178 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54425 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (51583 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40465 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (39768 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (27544 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (25726 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (21910 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (19633 Views)