The Best Recipe for Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Roasted pumpkin seeds are packed with fiber and protein and they have a beautiful earthy, nutty taste. The following recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds is almost foolproof but remember, when making toasted or roasted pumpkin seeds, it is important to watch them because they can burn easily. Once they have burned, there is nothing you can do with them. If your pumpkin seeds have dried out, they will need less roasting time. If you want them to be saltier, you can boil them for ten minutes in salted water or let them sit overnight in salted water before roasting them.
For earthier tasting roasted pumpkin seeds, clean the seeds but do not wash them. Sprinkle salt over the pumpkin seeds and roast them until they are golden. You can use plain salt, onion salt, garlic salt or a combination of these. There is no right or wrong way to season pumpkin seeds for baking and you can make a couple of batches, one sweet, and one savory, if you have enough pumpkin seeds. You can use sweet flavors like sugar and cinnamon, to make a sweet roasted pumpkin seeds recipe or savory ones like hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and more for savory roasted pumpkin seeds.
These seeds are a great addition to, or topping for, all kinds of recipes for creamy pumpkin soups, any canned pumpkin soup recipe or your favorite classic pumpkin soup dish. This recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds is very simple and you can tinker with it if you like. Swap the Worcestershire sauce for hot sauce, add a sprinkle of onion salt, or throw in some nutmeg if you like. If you are making a recipe roasting pumpkin seeds for a soup topping, you can either use similar spices or use different ones for contrast.
Easy Recipe Roasting Pumpkin Seeds
Summary: The quintessential garnish for any bowl of rich, creamy pumpkin soup, roasted pumpkin seeds are one of the best parts of the pumpkin. This easy recipe promises great results.
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Stir the pumpkin seeds and butter together, in a large mixing bowl, and add the other ingredients. Stir until everything is well combined, then spread the pumpkin seeds in one layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake them for 50 minutes to an hour, or until they are golden brown.
- Stir them occasionally so they brown evenly.
- Set them aside to cool because hot pumpkin seeds can burn your skin.
- These roasted pumpkin seeds can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 6 weeks
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
These delicious roasted pumpkin seeds are an appetizing golden brown with slight charring. They are crisp, rich, earthy flavored, and they really do make a wonderful topping for your favorite pumpkin soup recipe. You can also enjoy roasted pumpkin seeds as a wholesome snack or as a salad ingredient. It is important, when learning how to make a recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds, to keep an eye on them while they cook, or at least check them every few minutes. Pumpkin seeds can burn within a minute if not and completely blackened pumpkin seeds really do not taste good!
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Czech Potato Soup with Mushrooms
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Stew
- Simple Chicken Stew Recipe in a Crock Pot
- Easy Recipe for How to Make Rabbit Stew
- Mixed Seafood Chowder with Crumbled Bacon
- Easy 5 Ingredient Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- The Best French Onion Soup Tuscan Style
- Chicken Soup with Homemade Egg Noodles
- Cream of Pumpkin Soup Recipe with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Insider Secrets to Storing Onions
- What to Do With Stew Meat Besides Stew
- How to Thicken Potato Soup
- How to Caramelize Onions Like a Pro
- The Best French Onion Soup Cheese
- Five Common French Onion Soup Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- How to Brown Stew Meat
- How Long is Potato Soup Good?
- The History of Onion Soup - The History of French Onion Soup
- How to Choose the Best Stock Pots
- What Makes Clam Chowder Recipes So Wonderfully Unique November 21, 2013
- Chicken and Noodles Recipe November 20, 2013
- Simple Chicken Soup Recipe November 18, 2013
- Clam Chowder Wars November 16, 2013
- How to Make Dumplings November 15, 2013
- Budget Crockpot Recipes November 12, 2013
- Fish Soup Recipe November 8, 2013
- Alphabet Soup Recipe November 7, 2013
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe November 7, 2013
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (71168 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (38558 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (28249 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (24485 Views)
- Home (22509 Views)
- Mexican Recipe for Taco Soup with Cilantro (17058 Views)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (16776 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup (15769 Views)
- Pumpkin Soup Articles (9643 Views)
- Vibrant Orange and Carrot Soup (8820 Views)