Creamy Grilled Pumpkin Soup
Recipes for creamy pumpkin soups are commonly sought around Halloween but you can make this wonderful pumpkin soup recipe whenever you fancy. The pumpkin is grilled to make it tender and soft and to bring out its wonderful flavor and the grilled pumpkin pieces are combined with wine, cream, onion and more to make this deliciously simple creamy pumpkin soup.
Grilled fresh vegetables always come out beautifully because this cooking method draws out the delicious flavors and makes the flesh soft and tender and pumpkin does especially well on the grill. You can garnish the soup with ground nutmeg rather than the cream and parsley if you prefer it.
If you are looking for a good all-rounder of a recipe, this is a classic one. Featuring pumpkin, onion, cream white wine and chicken broth, this is a fairly standard way to make pumpkin soup. Grilling the pumpkin first however is what makes this recipe so special, because baked or boiled pumpkin does not taste as good as pumpkin which has been grilled, and of course canned pumpkin has even less flavor. So do yourself a flavor and ensure you choose a nice fresh pumpkin and then take the time to grill it before making the soup. Your efforts will be more than rewarded when you discover how tasty this soup is.
- 3 lbs pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- 4 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cream to garnish
- Parsley to garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the top off the pumpkin, remove the fibers and seeds from the inside, and then put the top back on. Grill over an indirect medium heat for a couple of hours or until the flesh is tender.
- Let the pumpkin cool then scoop out the flesh.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat and sauté the onion until soft. Add the wine and cook until it has almost all evaporated.
- Add the broth and pumpkin flesh, stir, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and season to taste.
- Divide between bowls and decorate each one with a dollop of cream and a sprig of parsley.
- Serve with toast, bread, or croutons.
A Picture of our Creamy Grilled Pumpkin Soup – You can use small pumpkins and hollow them out like above in the recipe directions. The just grill them until they are tender, keep them warm, and use these as an impressive visual presentation for your soup. It will impress your guest with their very own pumpkin tureen full of this wonderful and delicious grilled pumpkin soup.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (358059 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52604 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23570 Views)