The Best Zucchini Soup Recipe
Zucchini soup is very tasty and this vegetable gives the soup an attractive green color. If you are looking for a recipe and soup and zucchini is key, you might like to make the following zucchini soup recipe because it tastes so good. Grilled zucchini is literally bursting with fantastic flavor.
Do not worry if it chars when you are grilling it because it is supposed to. The onion and mushrooms add more taste and the spices give this grilled zucchini soup recipe a delicate flavor. The soup is liquidized in a food processor and strained to remove any bits, so this is a completely liquid soup, rich with grilled vegetable aromas and subtle spices.
As well as the zucchini, this recipe includes mushroom and onion, as well as yogurt and egg for a unique flavor and to thicken the soup up a little too. The curry, cumin and coriander are a popular trio in vegetable soups because they add a subtle curry flavor which is suitable for pretty much any type of vegetables.
This delicate touch of Indian flavor really complements the soup and serving it with an arugula garnish as well as a slice or two of brown bread offers a hearty, wholesome appeal. If you are looking for something unusual featuring plenty of wonderful, smoky, grilled vegetables, lots of vitamins and minerals, and a gentle curried finish, this zucchini soup recipe is perfect.
- 5 lbs zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 3 lbs zucchini, whole
- 2 cups yoghurt
- 1 cup white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups chicken bouillon
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of coriander
- Pinch of curry powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Arugula to garnish
- Grill the zucchini rounds, turning them once or twice, until they have softened a little.
- You do not need to use any oil.
- Salt the zucchini rounds and let them cool, then cut each round into 4 pieces. Grate the whole raw zucchini with a cheese grater and set it aside. Add the olive oil to a soup pot and add the grilled zucchini and onion.
- Stir well, sautéing for a couple of minutes.
- Cook until all the zucchini are soft. This will take about 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the bouillon and yogurt and cook this mixture for 10 to 20 minutes over a medium low heat.
- Remove from the heat and puree the zucchini soup in a food processor, adding the egg and butter.
- Process for 30 seconds, and then pass the soup through a strainer.
- Pour the strained zucchini soup into a saucepan and add the grated zucchini and spices.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste and heat it gently for 15 minutes.
- Garnish the soup with arugula and serve with slices of brown bread.
A Picture of our Lightly Curried Zucchini Soup – features wonderfully freshly grilled zucchini squash you could even grill the mushrooms for an extra special grilled flavor then puree the soup this is a great soup for a hot summer’s day dinner and zucchini makes a special and refreshing light soup.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (358210 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195562 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90946 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52606 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29440 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23574 Views)