Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup
There are loads of vegetable soup recipes some with and some without tomatoes this one is with them but made to go together in a way that it can be either served for meat lovers or your vegetarian friends as well. With one little switch up this recipe goes from vegetarian to carnivorous in one fell swoop. Now in the directions it is laid out for the carnivorous way as that is my guys but the sausage can be cut up and put in a separate bowl and then allow those eating it to add 1) as much of it as they like and 2) not use it at all and it is then a completely veggie based soup that is not going to offend the vegetarians in your crowd.
See many vegetable soups lose this point in that they use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth so there is no way to switch it up and although there is nothing wrong with doing so why make a vegetable soup that can’t be for the vegetarians in the crowd. I mean broth is a simple change up in the cooking process and yes it will alter the taste a bit, but it is so much nicer to please everyone then just a few. I mean how would you feel if you were invited to a social gathering and everyone else was eating and you were totally left out because no one thought of your dietary concerns.
Sorry I have been a bit lacks in getting new content out I have had some health issues to contend with and although I really try not to let them get in the way some times they just do. I have been going through all the sites as fast as possible without suffering quality and getting fresh updates out to you. I hope you had a nice Cinco de Mayo holiday and made something special for dinner. I know my family did and it is always nice to have a Mexican night and no we don’t wait for special days to do so it is part of our regular routine as Mexican food is such a big part of what I do. As for soup I do plan on still updating all through the summer even though it is about now soup starts fading a bit and more people opt for barbeque (have that covered too) so I will be looking for more summerish recipes though. So keep an eye out for those and enjoy this one now or in the summer when all those fresh garden veggies are coming in.
- 2 28 ounce can peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 6 ounce can Contadina Tomato Paste
- 2 15 ounce can Rosa White Kidney Beans
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 small scallions, chopped green part only
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, sliced thin (optional)
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 cups Emeril's Stock All Natural Vegetable
- 2 cup kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Olive oil for sautéing as needed
- In a large stock pot add the following and bring it to a simmer, peeled whole tomatoes, tomato paste, white kidney beans, celery, carrots, scallions, kale, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning, and salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste and let it simmer while you prepare the other ingredients to add.
- In a skillet heat some olive oil and add the onions over a medium heat and sauté until soft and tender, then add the garlic and stir it often blend it in and cook for a few minutes add this to the stockpot.
- If using the sausage place it into a frying pan and cook until cooked through remove and allow cooling enough to handle and then slice it into ⅛ to ¼ inch slice and add it to the soup.
- Allow to simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes and until the veggies are tender to a fork.
- Adjust seasoning before serving.
- Continue simmering until everything is tender and then serve with crusty bread, or garlic bread.
One of the all time most popular soups is a tomato and vegetable based soup now this recipe can go either full vegetarian or can have the sausage added in as an option if you are inclined to like meat in your soup. You can even serve the sausage on the side and let each persona decide for themselves if they want it as an option or prefer the all vegetarian way of going with this which might be the more diplomatic way of going if you are say bringing it to a church pot luck dinner or an afternoon luncheon. This is a great way of going when you have friends which are both so it pleases everyone.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Tomato and Vegetable Soup May 9, 2016
- Pot Roast Soup or is It Stew April 26, 2016
- Beer Cheese Soup with Brats and Cheddar April 19, 2016
- Italian Wedding Soup with Ditalini Noodles April 6, 2016
- Parmesan Chipotle Black Bean Soup with Guacamole April 3, 2016
- Fire Roasted Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup March 31, 2016
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot Ham and Split Pea Soup March 28, 2016
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness March 24, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon March 20, 2016
- Cream of Potato Soup with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (357353 Views)
- Extra Spicy Chicken Soup (195561 Views)
- Crock Pot Beef Stew and Herb Dumplings (90944 Views)
- Onion Soup Articles (54668 Views)
- Rich and Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe (52603 Views)
- Crockpot Corn Chowder (41062 Views)
- Healthy Crockpot Bean Soup (40865 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Stew with Mushrooms and White Wine (29439 Views)
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup (26479 Views)
- Grilled Corn Chowder with Bacon and Chive (23568 Views)